Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bursitis and some right stiff boots
  • ton

been to see a podiatrist today with a problem with my gammy foot.
    turns out i have a large bursa on the outside of my foot, caused by the way i now walk with my fused foot.
    anti inflam tablet and ice packs to ease the pain. and some orthotics for inside my boots.
    and i need to wear stiff supportive boots or shoes.

so, i am looking for some very stiff but lightweight boots. for everyday wear but what i can wear on my bike with flats.

anyone?

Esme
    Free Member

Might you be able to wear the same boots for riding, Ton?

You may need to make the soles stickier (depending on what sort of riding you’re planning to do). There was an interesting thread last year, on Re-soling Five Tens, which had some useful ideas.

Esme
    Free Member

Some Stealth Paint at £18 might do the trick.

ton

Might you be able to wear the same boots for riding, Ton?

yes love, that is what I want. just need to find a light stiff wide boot now.

Esme
    Free Member

Ah yes, sorry Ton – I misread your post.

I’ve started riding in walking boots, rather than bike-specific. But then my rides seem to involve quite a lot of walking . . .

iainc

had similar after fused big toe years back. Custom orthotics sorted it. Expensive, as involved a plaster cast mould of foot and then a polycarbonate insert. Was I think about £100 a set and I got 2 sets. Still wearing them daily and they are still doing the job, after probably 6 years

ton

cheers Iain.
    podiatrist said that would be the solution longterm. told me to try some off the peg ones first.

davidr

Stiff soles? If so then have a look at some lightweight mountaineering boots. They won’t be that light and will be fairly pricey but anything that will take a crampon will have a stiff sole.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bursitis and some right stiff boots’ is closed to new replies.