Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bullit
  • Xylene
    Free Member

With my Enduro in bits and the urge to ride I am thinking of picking up a bullit frame that has been offered locally.

I’m not particularly Gnar, I enjoy my riding, and as a fatty I dont worry too much about light weight.

Is the bullit going to be too much bike? I’ve read lots of reviews and it was one of the top contenders before I bought the Enduro. Reading reviews it sounds like it will do what I want for a fun bike and will be ok for short days out and general biking duties.

Any thoughts on them

_tom_
    Free Member

I bought one last weekend and will be riding it properly on Sunday so I’ll have a proper verdict by then. Currently even with Boxxers on (I have more of a DH build) it pedals surprisingly well and doesn’t actually feel too heavy. With a travel adjust fork and lighter wheels I think it would be a nice AM bike.

coogan
    Free Member

Had one for about a year, was a pretty heavy build. 36-38lbs I guess. Used it for uplift days and a fortnight in Canada. Mucho fun bike, although won’t want to ride it on too much up hill or ‘general biking duties’. It can do those, but tougher work out than the other bikes I had at the time!

Xylene
    Free Member

I think my enduro can’t be far off that with the current build.

I think the saint rear wheel and 203mm disc is a bit of overkill though

scaredypants

I’ve got a 2002 or 3 model (middle of 3 versions ?). Like it a lot but don’t ride it much (round the new forest 🙄 ).

I reckon it’d get called “steep” these days – certainly was when I had a 140mm fork on it

I put a bit shorter air shock on it for a while. Less travel, bit lower and slacker. If I’m honest maybe that was when I enjoyed it most

I’ve had it to the alps a couple of times; Les Arcs with trailaddiction (downwards rocky singletrack rather than DH courses). Handled that very well I think but, again, maybe would be better with the shorter shock on

(Also did the SDW in a day on it once – pretty capable “xc” bike if you have a decent platform shock)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bullit’ is closed to new replies.