Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Building a bike from bits (call it a winter bike, or just an excuse for n+1)
  • gribble
    Free Member

Hi All,

I have some spare bits from a couple of different bikes and builds. I am trying to figure out whether I should try and make another bike from what I have, or just sell off what I have as bits on eBay.

So here is what I have:

Two sets of Mavic wheels – CrossMax SX & basic Crossride, both 26
    A Decathlon XL rockrider XC Frame, straight fit head tube with a Reba 115mm fork & decent Shimano brakes, Hope BB
    150mm Rock Shox Revelation, 26in
    Some decent bars
    A Thompson post

I was thinking of getting a L size NS Eccentric Alu Evo, which is designed for 27.5 but I think could work fine with a set of the 26 in hoops & 26 in 150mm fork I have. The frame is about £200, but I would need a headset and a shorter stem. The decent Mavic wheels would work as they are are 142×12 rear end. I have got loads of 26 in tyres stockpiled.

I think the old leftovers like the Reba, cheaper wheels etc could all then go on Ebay as a firesale.

Am I nuts? I don’t need another bike, as I have an a 26in modern geo full susser and a 27.5 bird hardtail. So this is just for fun…

trumpton
    Free Member

sounds like you have a good plan. go for it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Building a bike from bits (call it a winter bike, or just an excuse for n+1)’ is closed to new replies.