Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Bugger!
  • sargey

My mom has been in hospital for a couple of weeks with back pain and stomach ache, vomiting etc and has had loads of tests and scans. She is usually a sprightly 85year(86 tomorrow) who only gave up her mtb at the age of 80 and rambles twice a week.

We have just spoken to the consultant and she has cancer which has spread from her gallbladder to her stomach and liver and they will not be trying to treat her but help her with palliative care.

Her first comment after she was told was” well I’d better not start war and peace then ”

The only reason I am posting this is to say hug your loved ones tonight and live your life to the full.

Cheers dave.

bigblackshed

Sorry. Shit news, but at least she has the right attitude.

I didn’t get get to say goodbye to my Dad, there wasn’t even a funeral. As you say, hug the ones you love.

scaredypants

Bugger indeed

Your mum sounds like quite a girl – hope you & she get to make some last great memories, even if they’re all indoors

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Buggeration! Give her a hug from me please.

NZCol

That’s arse sorry to hear that. Spent this AM really badly trying to do my best to console my colleague who’s 5 year old has recurrent leukaemia and has run out of treatment options. I mean wtf do you say. Breaks my heart as our kids are same age bar 1 week. As you say – enjoy life, don’t sweat the small stuff and hug the people you love – a lot.

EDIT: my wife’s just rumbled me being a bit dusty eyed and demanded to know what’s going on. I wasn’t going to tell her as she’s an emotional beast but when I did her first words were ‘are you alright’ which is why she is awesome. And breathe.

Klunk
    Free Member

not going anywhere near loved ones to today as they have shitting and puking bug at the moment!

garage-dweller

@ OP sorry to hear that, that sucks.

@klunk
    very wise!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Having been through the emotional wringer of cancer with my father recently, my thoughts and prayers are with you, sargey. She sounds like quite the woman, quite the mother. You should be proud of her, as I’m sure you are, and you should remain massively proud of her, whatever comes next.

Oh, and…

malgrey
    Free Member

Ah, mate. Bugger indeed.

Have a hug from a stranger, and pass it on to your amazing mum.

senorj

Sorry about that. Shit business.

I also like the cut of your mothers jib.

hug from me too. X .

Just about to call my mother.

33tango

Mum’s are awesome! And yours sounds extra awesome! Sounds like she lives life to the fullest – celebrate that 😎

funkmasterp

Your mum sounds like a real character and somebody who has thoroughly enjoyed life. Big hug from me and again **** cancer

bikebouy
    Free Member

Awesome innings that Lady 👍👏

mark d
    Free Member

<p>Sorry to hear this mate. At least you have the chance to say goodbye. Bang out the family photo album have a laugh and get your mum to point out family members of the past. At least that’s what I’d do if had the chance again.</p><p>All the best</p>

Sandwich

Have a man hug from me. Time to roll out the treats for your marvellous mum.

molgrips
    Free Member

Sorry to hear it.

We are all hanging from a thread, and like in cartoons fibres are pinging all the time.  The older you get the more it frays…

shooterman

Sorry to hear that news Dave. Virtual hugs from me mate.

32 year old nephew going through chemo at the moment.

jekkyl

I have also been there and 2yrs passed, was also cancer, it’s a ****, took my Dad too, at 52, my mum at 68…all too cruel a reminder of our own mortality that we lose our loved ones first. Your mum lives on in you and your face and your kids (if you have any) and your siblings & their kids. Give her your love Xx

jamj1974

That’s proper shit news to recieve. – but what a way to respond!  It’s terrible, but as hard as it is for you and the rest of her familiy it sounds as if your mum can deal with this.

A high five for your brilliant mum, a hug for you and a massive kick in the nuts for cancer.

sargey

Just a quick update, mom passed away yesterday on what would have been her and dad’s 65th wedding anniversary. She was in a hospice towards the end and to see a woman like mom reduced to skin and bone was awful.

The care from start to finish by the NHS was outstanding, nothing was too much trouble, every effort was made to make her as comfortable as possible and in the end she went in her sleep.

Thanks for all the kind wishes and as the thread title give them a hug.

Cheers dave.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that, look after yourself matey.

Gunz
    Free Member

My deepest condolences.  My father dies a couple of months ago and I wholly agree on the dispiriting process of seeing a loved one fade.  To be honest there were a few times when I wish I’d had the courage to stop the wonderful hospital staff from prolonging his demise.

If I manage to keep MTB’ing up to 80 I’ll be a happy man though – good skills.  I like Chris Evans’ quote when his mum died, ‘not a battle lost, but a life won’.

funkmasterp

My deepest condolences to you and all your family. Wish there was more I could add. Massive hugs from the family Funk

gnusmas

Sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family.

mogrim

Sorry for your loss, my condolences.

Bunnyhop

So sorry to read this.

Your mother sounds as though she had a full and wonderful life, leaving you with plenty of memories. She’s a trooper and you must be proud to be her son.

bunnyhop x

crapjumper
    Free Member

Sorry for your loss pal

aide

Sorry to hear your news sargey. I lost my Dad to cancer a few months ago and am still reeling from it. Your Mom sounds like she was a pure diamond. Mind and get some hugs for yourself, take care mate

MoreCashThanDash

Your mum sounds an amazing and inspirational woman – I’m sorry for what is coming, but sounds like she’s taking it on head on!

fossy

Sorry to hear your loss.

Kuco

Sorry for your loss Dave.

jamj1974

Very sorry to hear that.  Thinking of you and yours.

Drac

Sorry to hear of your loss.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Seeing this thread back made me fear the worst.

So sorry for your loss.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Bugger!’ is closed to new replies.