• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by kilo.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • budget road bike in France
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

making our yearly pilgrimage to my parents house in France in the morning. I normally take my vehicle and load it up with my dog plus a bike. However, the van was twitchy getting to Ard Rock and back so we’re going in my fellas brand new Ford Focus. Because of this I’ve said no bikes will be wedged in. 9 days without riding a bike is an eternity to me, two days and I get twitchy. I’m contemplating trying to convince my dad to buy me one to keep there. They have a big decathlon so reckon there is my best bet, unless anyone can think of better? Which model from decathlon though? It’ll be ridden once or twice a year for about ten days at a time. Covering anywhere from 20-80 miles a time. I’m used to my lovely all carbon and electronic gears but I’m not expecting anything anywhere near that.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

If budget allows, Triban 520, they do a mens and womens version (no idea on differences). Someone I know bought one as a commuter earlier this year and he loves it, not to mention it isn’t holding him back on Strava segments when he puts his mind to it!

https://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/bikes/road/product/btwin-triban-520-review-51887/

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/reviews/road-bikes/btwin-triban-520

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

If you’re used to a nice bike, I’d have one there of any quality with my fave saddle, tape bars and pedals on it and then take out my wheels with me.  Easier to pack into a car but the nice wheels will enhance even the crappiest of bikes.

Tiagra in reality works as well as Ultegra, and as long as it fits, a half decent aluminium frame will be ok.

cchris2lou

Just have a look on Leboncoin.fr, select your area and velos.

Should be lots of good second hand bikes.

kilo

+2 for decathlon’s Triban range. Had one for a few years now, good value bike but maybe take your own saddle with you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘budget road bike in France’ is closed to new replies.