Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Budget racefit Roadie Clothing
  • bighairydel

I used to rely on DHB clothing etc for well fitting plain designed race fit clothing but even now they’re heading up nearer the £100 mark for a jersey.

Looking for recommendations of budget friendly race fit clothing brands. I’ve had a Google and any budget clothing is either garish or the opposite end of the racy scale.

thepurist

https://www.galibier.cc/

always worth a look

steve_b77
    Free Member

Rivelo on Sports Pursuit is well worth a look, the stuff really is top notch.

bighairydel

Yeah that’s more like it, ta!

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d look for brands like Castelli, Craft & Pearl Izumi in the sales (which are actually a thing again now).

And is “racefit” just a matter of sizing down in some brands anyway?

snotrag

I’ve got a bunch of Rivelo stuff (from sportpursuit) and I also really like my Sport Pursuit road jersey and bibs. Always a discount code knocking about, dont pay full price!

beamers

Another +1 for Rivelo and Galibier here.

nbt

I’ve some shorts from these people, they’re comfy and not overly expensive
    https://www.sundried.com/

lunge

Galibier stuff is really good irrelevant of the price.
    The Decathlon stuff is good too.

stumpy01

Are we talking about short sleeve or long sleeve?

The DHB classic short sleeve jersey is £44, so quite a way short of £100. I bought one earlier this year – it’s decent quality & a relatively tight roadie style fit.

Their FLashlight jersey is even cheaper – £35, but only has one zipped pocket on the back, which is a bit rubbish.

They also have a lot of their ‘graphic’ designs on sale at the moment, although I find quite often they are only available in extreme sizes.

Some of the Galibier stuff looks good, & I keep getting ads on FB for that Sundried stuff too.

tpbiker
    Free Member

heading up nearer the £100 mark for a jersey.

Eh? I spent literally 30 seconds on google and found numerous options for far less than 100 quid. The castelli free race aero is on sale pretty much everywhere for 70 quid for example

scotroutes

Another vote for Rivelo. My favourite item of bike clothing at the moment is one of their road jerseys in a merino/poly blend. It just feels so cosy without being too warm.

frankconway

Rapha archive sale.
    +1 for both Galibier and Sports Pursuit.
    Also look at Tri Sport Resort.
    Bike Zaar for Assos but you should look at online reviews – for bike zaar.

snotrag

I’ve got a bunch of Rivelo stuff (from sportpursuit) and I also really like my Sport Pursuit road jersey and bibs. Always a discount code knocking about, dont pay full price!

When I said this, I typed Sport Pursuit but what I thought I’d typed was

I’ve some shorts from these people, they’re comfy and not overly expensive
    https://www.sundried.com/

Sun Dried. As above, dont pay full price, theres always a discount code knocking about. Use their bibs on the turbo aswell which is a good sign of fit and durability!

continuity
    Free Member

If it’s actually for racing, just buy an aerosuit from velotec?

butcher

Eh? I spent literally 30 seconds on google and found numerous options for far less than 100 quid.

If you’re referring to DHB in particular, there’s a massive variation in their ranges. Some of the lower end stuff is Sports Direct quality. The high end stuff does seem to have shifted massively in price over the past few years. Although they do have a bit of a Halfords pricing model, with stuff heavily discounted in sales.

Stolen Goat used to have some reasonably priced and really good quality kit, but they’ve been expensive last few times I’ve looked.

ransos
    Free Member

Galibier stuff is really good irrelevant of the price.

I have a couple of their jerseys and am happy with them. I went one up from my usual size so they’re more closely cut than DHB etc. More like Castelli.

anagallis_arvensis

The “expensive” decathlon stuff

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Budget racefit Roadie Clothing’ is closed to new replies.