Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Budget disks for drop bar commuter, 2×11
  • wonnyj
    Free Member

What calipers and shifters for budget build 2×11 commuter? (genesis fugio, original cx frame, not the more recent shift to gravel frame)

I can see some shimano rs505 shifters and calipers on merlin at £200 but that’s still a bit pricey and I think they are 1×11.

Would prefer hydros but am not sure about non-shimano options, it would be nice to have some brakes that don’t leak.

I’m post mount

nbt

Shimano don’t do 1*11, so they’ll be fine as long as the calipers match your frame – there’s a lot of cheap flat mount stuff around, is your frame flat or post mount?

nbt

or get some cheap cable calipers and a set of Hope v-twin brakes whic have a reservoir to convert cable to hydraulic

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Merlin if you have reward points will drop the price of those 505s, plus give you reward points for future purchases.

However, you can buy a front and rear 505 from PX in their Fib Sale for £190, lots of other good deals on there at mo too. As often is the case, it’s not clear if these are complete, pre bled sets that are ready to go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Budget disks for drop bar commuter, 2×11’ is closed to new replies.