Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • BT upgrade Broadband and say ADSL1 won’t work
  • Shakey
    Free Member

Has anyone heard of this before: BT have upgraded Broadband services to make it faster, router stops working so phone ISP which is Virgin. Virgin say that router is ADSL1 and will either need a firmware upgrade and needs to be replaced with am ADSL2 router. WTF – is this right?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I dunno, but suddenly, over the last few days, my BB has increased in speed, and Virgin no longer seem to be throttling P2P stuff like iPlayer.

If Virgin are supplying equipment, then I think they should sort you a new router, if one is supplied as part of the package.

a new ADSL2 router shoon’t cost a fortune, though.

I have a BT Homehub thingy, which I’d like to ‘unlock’. Anyone got any ideas?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Could well be possible. When I bought my router ~3years ago i chose it as it was ADSL2 compatible, I could believe that an older one wouldn’t work with such a service – i’d bet you’ll be able to get a free firmware upgrade though, you won’t be the only person suffering if that is the case.

andyfla
    Free Member

if it is a firmware upgrade it is a 2 min job, have a look on the manufacturers web page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘BT upgrade Broadband and say ADSL1 won’t work’ is closed to new replies.