Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • BT Internet installation issue
  • shortyj15

May have been done before but here we go.

Start uni tomorrow so month a go I ordered fibre broadband to be installed on the Friday (2nd). We all moved in early and took delivery of the router.

Come the 2nd and no engineer turns up to install and no text, phone BT which they say there is a major fault with the exchange and the whole area is out until the 14th. I get an email on the 3rd at 23:45 saying all services are up and running and I check our line with BT online thing and it comes up with no faults. Google and which both come back with results that they are a real pain to get fibre installed.

Are we fighting a loosing battle here?

scotroutes

Have you plugged it in?

tang
    Free Member

You may, like me, have to wait 7 weeks. Never before have I had the experience of such useless customer service. Literally no one knew anything. One guy in India worked it out and got things sorted, only for the bell ends here to undo it all!

boriselbrus
    Free Member

What Tang said. They are totally useless. In my case it took 2 months to reconnect a line which was already in place but was disconnected when the previous tenants moved out. One of their reasons for cancelling (without telling me) was “you didn’t answer when we called you to confirm the appointment”. Yes, I didn’t answer the phone which they hadn’t connected yet…

As one person said on here, getting BT to install a phone is like tantric sex. You stay in all day and no-one ever comes..

Good luck!

downshep

Joined BT Broadband in January 2015
    Leaving BT Broadband in January 2016

Comfortably the worst ISP I have ever had the misfortune of doing business with. Our Sky router dropped out a couple of times a month. BT HomeHub4 can drop 10-15 times per hour, work for a couple of hours, then drop like a whore’s knickers again. Having read umpteen accounts of others who have sought resolution with BT, I ain’t going to waste my time and will simply move on.

Drac

As Scotroutes say have you tried plugging it in, you may not need a home visit.

I’ve always found BT fantastic to deal with even more so when you actually bother to contact them. They can’t fix your fault if you don’t let them know like downshep.

eltonerino
    Free Member

During the summertime when I was at uni, I worked in one of the call centres BT outsourced their first line technical support to. The training was terrible. The instructors didn’t know what they were teaching, only reading off a script. As support staff, you were only allowed to read the script and not offer any further help as it would create an expectation of a level of support that want being paid for… I have a friend who still works there and despite several changes in owners of the contract, it doesn’t seem to have changed.

boriselbrus
    Free Member
    Drac

I’m speaking from my experience, is that Ok?

downshep

I normally would take issue with a service provider not providing a service but the overwhelming experience of those who attempt this course of action with BT is frustration, stress and deep dissatisfaction. My contract ends in 14 weeks, so it is less stressful just to walk away.

Drac

But you’ve never tried yourself? How very odd to sit with something that doesn’t work and complain about service you’ve not tried.

spooky_b329

Anyone struggling with wireless connectivity or slow internet just through the wireless on the latest router, try unblinking the 2g and 5g, give them different SSID’s, and the try using just the 2g.

My 5g has always operated at a crawl and very slow.

shortyj15

Plugged in and getting both orange lights. Going to have a play around when I get home.

downshep

But you’ve never tried yourself? How very odd to sit with something that doesn’t work and complain about service you’ve not tried.

Have learned from other’s experience. Simpler to vote with my feet.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘BT Internet installation issue’ is closed to new replies.