Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Bruce Springsteen…
  • IdleJon

3 chords!

There are 5/6 in the intro alone and they’re all used later in the song. On a guitar in standard tuning and without a capo they’re chords that aren’t that easy to link together.

Ha. In typical fashion, I read the original post in work quickly, linked in my mind to a completely different song and wrote absolute gibberish when related to TR. You are absolutely correct – Thunder Road has chords in it that I’m not all that comfortable linking together, and definitely more than three! I was a little puzzled about the amount of love for One Step Up – the song my mind had crossed wires to. This is why I should stay away from the internet. And people.

Edukator
    Free Member

Try it in D capo 3, played on two guitars, one with a capo to brighten it up it sounds quite good.

the-muffin-man

Springsteen is in the same camp as Bowie for me – I’ve heard them played so much on the radio I’ve never felt the need to own any of their albums.

mrmoofo

Meeting on the Other Side
    Born to Run ( actually probably the whole album)
    Candy’s Room
    Racing in the Streets

Saw him late 80s at Wembley – it lasted 4 hours! It was brilliant

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Love Springsteen and have done for many years. Probably my favourite album is Wrecking Ball with most of the remaining albums having high spots for me. Hard to decide on a favourite song but it’s probably Cadillac Ranch. Always loved that song and it was a joy when I saw him finally play it live. But Thunder Road, Jungleland, From small things (for a long time I had only ever heard the Dave Edmunds version which, funnily enough, I still think is the best one), Mary’s Place, Glory Days, Land of hope and dreams, badlands, American Land… there’s just so many. Wembley, a couple of years ago, when he played the whole Darkness album in one section – Racing in the streets was utterly sublime. To hear the piano ringing out across Wembley stadium as the sun was setting was just a magical moment.

Also, from the post ^^ – I was at that Coventry gig too! 🙂

sc-xc

To hear the piano ringing out across Wembley stadium as the sun was setting was just a magical moment.

I was sat in the left hand side stand for that, had been in several pubs before and was drinking (of all things) Drambuie from a hip flask. I sat to soak up the last of the sunshine and Racing in the Street. Awesome.

Seen him several times over the years. Best moment was the Macca/Twist & Shout switch off at Hyde Park (also the night Jake and Bruce played an emotional tribute to the big man)

As an aside I saw Nils in a small venue in Bilston…what a musician. It was funny seeing his huge tour bus parked in the space where there is normally a couple of battered up transits!

And for all those who don’t get the album version of Thunder Road – I kind of agree. Listen to the version off Live 75-85 or Hammersmith as posted above. It is just so beautiful.

IdleJon

Try it in D capo 3, played on two guitars, one with a capo to brighten it up it sounds quite good.

Ta. Will do.

stanfree
    Free Member

I love him , he’s a real hero of mine and when I got to see him live he didn’t disappoint. His back catalogue is way to vast to pick a song but one that sticks out and is underated is ‘Black Cowboys’ , I think its from ‘Devils and Dust’.
    Theres a great video of him doing a Joe Strummer tribute with steve van zandt and Elvis Costello .
    He is a class act .

oldfart

Tough decision , Racing In The Street is just brilliant story telling the older I get the more I feel like the guy in Glory Days 😞😞😞😞

thols2

older I get the more I feel like the guy in Glory Days Reason to Believe

FTFY

Earl
    Free Member

Famously, when Obama wS asked why he wanted to be President – he replied ‘Because I can’t be Bruce Springsteen’

leondemille
    Free Member

If I should fall behind…
    Our first dance , beautiful song

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think this is my favourite live version of Racing.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=RDfT4pSt4kie8&playnext=1

b33k34

Jungleland

The sax solo alone in Jungleland is over 2 minutes long…

csb

The blonde woman that appears out if the crowd at about 2:50 and holds his hand on the vid below is my mum

@ads678
    this is brilliant

thols2

The blonde woman that appears out if the crowd at about 2:50 and holds his hand on the vid below is my mum though

Dude, I like your mum.

darthpunk
    Free Member

Always loved Youngstown

Album though would be either The River or Born to Run……or Nebraska, or Darkness on the Edge of Town

Ask me any other day and that’ll change

Just found this and made me smile, He is a great performer

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

He’s the Boss at the end of the day…

“Springsteen ringing clear in my ears” Frank Turner

“I’m on fire and born to run” Eric Church

“Dancing in the Dark” Sam Fender

A very broad church.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

@darthpunk That Youngstown vid is proper stuff.

CountZero

It’s worth picking up a copy of this month’s Uncut magazine, it’s got a big feature on The Boss, plus a fold-out map showing all the places in America he’s played, with details on the back. What’s interesting is the states he’s never played – Colorado, Washington, Idaho, North Dakota, New Mexico, Missouri, Kentucky, Illinois and Michigan.

BoardinBob

I’m assuming they’re all staunch red states?

thols2

I’m assuming they’re all staunch red states?

No all of them, a bunch of them voted for Biden at the last election. I would have thought Michigan would have a lot of Springsteen fans, Detroit’s there, it’s blue-collar manufacturing.

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Bruce Springsteen…’ is closed to new replies.