Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Broke My Six Year Old's Heart Tonight :(
  • km79
    Free Member

but I wonder which hurts more; that the tooth fairy doesn’t exist, or that the two people she loves more than anything in the world and trusts implicitly have been systematically lying to them all their life.

What is your own experience? You were a kid once upon a time I assume?

Can’t say it had any lasting effect on me.

maccruiskeen

My 5 year old was watching a nature documentary recently and said “you mated mummy didnt you” “Yes son yes I did”

A few years back we had a big crew night out at the end of a project. At the last minute the boss’s childcare arrangements fell through so he had to take us all out for food and beer with his 4 year old daughter in tow. He’s pretty shy and pretty serious and intense – she however was an absolute barrel of laughs and pretty much held court through the whole evening up to the point where she announced loudly

” I know what mummy and daddy do after I’ve gone to bed”
    The room fell silent – we were all ears. The boss visibly crumpled genuinely fearing what was coming next.
    “Theeeeeey watch cowboy movies!”

All attention turned to the boss. “Yeehaw!” we all said in unison. With a wink.

CountZero

In France it’s a mouse rather than a fairy that looks after tooth/currency transactions. We had to explain that there exists an international agreement between mice and fairies for our daughter because she was so worried that it wasn’t true. Fortunately for us, she had her last tooth fall out before brexit, that would have made things awkward.

Easy: point out that such entities are exempt from all political, national and international boundaries and conventions.
    That ought to cover all such situations.
    You’re welcome 😀

takisawa2

Toughen up Princess…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LD15KN]image[/url] by pten2106, on Flickr

Really though, your a bad, bad man.
    Shame on you.
    🙂

ratherbeintobago

Our 5yo has a fairy door in her room. She announced that she didn’t believe in fairies until they moved in but now she knows they’re real…

This extends to writing to them; they reply. Sooner or later she will realise it’s my handwriting.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hah. I don’t ever remember believing in such things, I guess my parents’ explanations weren’t comprehensive enough.

My kids certainly weren’t upset. My eldest cottoned on pretty quickly about 3, she was a bit upset really but then we told her it was a fun game of makebelieve which seemed to go down well. My youngest doesn’t care and seems perfectly able and willing to believe anything which seems fun.

perchypanther
    Free Member

My eldest started getting cute and left a note under her pillow alongside the tooth

“Dear Tooth Fairy, What do you do with all the teeth? Please write you answer on the other side of this note. Love Emily aged 7”

Not to be outdone, we replied.

“Dear Emily, I take the teeth and turn them into twinkling stars in the sky. Don’t spend this money on sweeties. Love, the Tooth fairy ”

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Broke My Six Year Old's Heart Tonight :(’ is closed to new replies.