Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Brixton Cycles
  • ericemel
    Free Member

I had my Specialized Singlecross nicked on Friday, so I went down to Brixton Cycles for the first time as they were the closest place with Cotic Roadrats in stock.

I have to say, bloody good service, good staff, attentive, knowledgeable etc etc. Way better than my Evan experience when I bought the Singlecross.

BTW I ended up walking out with a Singlecross again, the Cotic was v.cool but the Singlecross was for me, again.

BigDummy
    Free Member

One of my favourite shops, Brixton. They sort me out, and they also sort out elderly rastafarians with flat tyres. 🙂

brooess
    Free Member

You can’t compare Evans with Brixton Cycles. Evans are a business selling bikes. The customer doesn’t seem that important to them. BC are a co-operative of people who love bikes so have decided to do that for a living. They can be a little too cool for school but I like them a lot. Proper LBS.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I like Brixton Cycles. Lots. Great people!

ericemel
    Free Member

For the record I only used Evans as they had the bike, the day I wanted it!

noteeth
    Free Member

Never visited the place – but the old Bontrager rasta kit was based on the Brixton strip, iirc.

For that alone, I praise them.

brooess
    Free Member

And, like so many people, have now learnt their lesson 😉

brooess
    Free Member

Oh re Bontrager. I was in BC last summer getting some stuff sorted and this rather scruffy bloke called Keith wandered in wearing a skull cap wanting some stuff fixed. They were dead friendly to him, clearly knew him well. I looked up a few images on Google when I got home and ’twas the man himself so I guess there’s a connection there…

acjim
    Free Member

Oh I miss BC – used to be my LBS and I’ve yet to find a more friendly and knowledgable bunch of folks.

Racing Beastway with them was fun too!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

There used to be a petite Hungarian chick racing at Beastway, when it was at Stratford. Just about my size, too. Sadly, she went back to Hungary, I think. 🙁 Usually wore the BC race kit. Really cute…

They had one which was mainly black, but with African coloured trimming. Very classy.

noteeth
    Free Member

this rather scruffy bloke called Keith

😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Brixton Cycles’ is closed to new replies.