Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • British Cycling Renewal.
  • granny_ring

My £44 ride is up for renewal soon. Have to say the reason I signed up 4 or 5 years ago was for the insurance and the discounts at crc and halfords and have made some good savings, especially in the first couple of years. But Debating whether to or not this time around.

Any other options about, obviously CTC or whatever its called now.

Would house insurance cover me for any mishaps on the bike re 3rd party claims?

TIA.

MoreCashThanDash

Your house insurance policy will tell you if it will cover you, some do, some don’t, some depend on the circumstances.

I’m with CTC, some discounts, magazine every couple of months, support the kind of riding I’m likely to do.

andrewh
    Free Member

British Triathlon is cheaper than BC for insurance

spooky_b329

I switched to CyclingUK. They seem to do useful campaigning stuff with my money.

Also, you get a discount for STW sub and other shops

tthew

Cycling UK member here too. Stopped BC as soon as I didn’t need membership to organise a CX race. Cycling UK a proper campaigning charity, BC a special interest club for track cycling development.

StirlingCrispin

Cycling UK member here too – used to be CTC.

Also a local Cycling UK volunteer rep.
    We’re the people that pester the crap out of the council when the insist on painting cycle lanes in the door zone, despite us having told them how to do it properly in the first place.
    And tell the council where road markings go against the new highway code changes.
    And pester the council to remove bollards that block cycle paths – and map them all for them.

Other campaigners have been working with politicians to make the changes in the Highway Code.
    All this costs money to support from CUK HQ and makes your world a better place.

superstu
    Free Member

British cycling seem to care very little for normal cyclists in my opinion. I don’t race competitively so switched to cycling UK years ago. Seem a great group of genuine enthusiasts covering everything from commuting, touring, road and mtb. They campaign on safer urban cycling and access issues. Stuff that affects everyone (for the better). Happy to support them.

cookeaa

The same letter landed here the other day too and I’m having a similar think about it’s relative value…

I’m not racing these days so ‘silver’ seems a bit much to keep paying for, but I could see myself signing up for both C-UK and ‘Bronze’ BC, just hedging your bets innit…

Meh… I’ll probably let it autorenew won’t I…

Greybeard
    Free Member

Also, you get a discount for STW sub

You mean, STW give a discount to CUK members? I didn’t know that!

granny_ring

Thanks all, looks like Cycling UK would be the better choice for me then…

spooky_b329

You get a CUK discount for one year only, mine just renewed at normal price.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘British Cycling Renewal.’ is closed to new replies.