Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bristol – What (non bike related) stuff to do?
  • woollybackpaul
    Free Member

I’m off to Bristol for the weekend in a few weeks time, as I’m currently nursing a broken wrist the bike will be staying at home.

We’ve got a table booked at San Carlo and a wander round the Chrimbo market is on the list.

Aside from that, where should we be heading and what should we be getting up to?

Any advice much appreciated.

monkeyboyjc

Ss great britan
    Suspension bridge
    Bristol museum (free)
    Bristol aquarium
    Bristol zoo

TooTall
    Free Member

SS Great Britain
    Stokes Croft for the murals and food / drink (Pieminister Pies), the cafe etc etc
    Mud Dock for bike shop and restaurant and bike jumble is it is the 1st Saturday of the month

Others will be along to add to the list.

wallop

If you’re here for two days, Bath. 11 minutes on the train from Temple Meads. The market is much better.

nickjb
    Free Member

Was about to retype more or less what I wrote here, some other good tips, too:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/day-out-in-bristol

Philby

Nelson Street Grafitti
    M Shed Museum
    The Matthew
    Walk / boat ride round the docks
    Wander up Park Street and go up Brandon Tower
    Wander round Clifton Village (and visit the Coronation Tap for a couple of ciders)
    St Nicholas Markets (where you can also enjoy a Pieminister pie)
    Bristol Cathedral and St Mary Redcliffe are both interesting if you like old churches
    The Apple barge for a few pints of cider

Candodavid
    Free Member

Did Christmas market today, waste of time IMO

CountZero

If the weather’s fine, then a walk right around the Floating Harbour is worth doing. And there are pubs along both sides…

supersaiyan
    Free Member

Lunch/coffee at Roll For The Soul obvs.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Drink too much cider.
    Laugh at people who already drank too much cider.
    Start queuing to audition for the next Star Wars movie.
    Drink more cider.

I shoulda been a life coach.

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Cheers all – plenty of insider knowledge! The other half is impressed with what a friendly bunch the Singletrack massive are.

So much so she’s about to post up that nagging question of what tyres and pressure would be ideal for Llandegla?

CountZero

Here’s the Matthew cruising down the Floating Harbour, taken from outside a pub… 😀

Ship repairs:

Boat building:

Chuffing big cranes by the ‘M’ Shed:

IK Brunel’s little bridge, and a posh bit of Bristol, from the far end of the Floating Harbour:

BristolPablo
    Free Member

I’d cancel the reservation at San Carlo personally. Terrible place, surly waiters, the food no better than Bella Pasta. Try Bordeaux Quay, Hotel du Vin or Graze instead.

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

^ ^ ^

Hmmmm……..anyone else been to San Carlo @ Bristol lately?

I’ve been to the one in Manchester a few times (although not for a while) and thought it was excellent so booked it as a bit of a treat but you’ve got me thinking now……

locomotive

as above I went to see the ss Great Britain for the first time in 25+yrs. It is well worth the trip, much more impressive and interesting to me now than being taken to see it as a rusting hulk by my grandfather. I now understand why he as a Bristolian, loved it.

St Nicholas market for lunch. Also had a great meal at Cherry Duck one evening.

molgrips
    Free Member

Start an argument about Cardiff being better.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bristol – What (non bike related) stuff to do?’ is closed to new replies.