Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Brexit, Covid now earth to be hit by giant asteroid!* On Wednesday!
  • Poopscoop

*Ok, it won’t hit us but in astronomical terms it’s a near miss.

Frankly, with how things are these days, if we were told there was going to be an Extinction Level Event happening… I wouldn’t be that surprised.😀

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/28/world/asteroid-earth-flyby-1998-or2-scn-trnd/index.html

kimbers

may as well blow off lockdown then

BBQ round mine tomorrow, BYOB!

grahamt1980

Based on that then balls to facemasks

Poopscoop

I’m in!

Mr_C
    Free Member

Surprised? It would be a welcome relief.

thegreatape
    Free Member

My boys have been going on about this asteroid for a couple of weeks. So for maths work we calculated the area of our village as a percentage of the area of the earth and found the odds of it troubling us when it hits were very very very small.

CountZero

Shit! And I’ve finally got a bloke coming to service my boiler! 😫

maccruiskeen

an Extinction Level Event

Just think of all the endangered species – pandas, blue whales, Siberian tigers, white rhinos- they’ve all been desperately trying to off themselves rather than witness all this horror. But we wouldn’t let them.

maccruiskeen

balls to facemasks

is that the title of the post covid remake of the Human Centipede?

grahamt1980

LOL, I’m now trying to stop myself wondering how that would work

tthew

…for maths work we calculated the area of our village as a percentage of the area of the earth and found the odds of it troubling us when it hits were very very very small.

I don’t think the issue is it plopping gently down in the middle of the village, over topping the duck pond and knocking the vicar off his bike – it’s more a case of blasting millions of tonnes of dust debris into the atmosphere, casing a nuclear winter and the start of a millennia long ice age.

As long as the pubs are open for Christmas and the Brexit gets sorted by the new year, nothing much to trouble us eh? 🤣

tdog
    Free Member

Not on my nelly it aint!

I have yet to complete my build & ride

thegreatape
    Free Member

I don’t think the issue is it plopping gently down in the middle of the village, over topping the duck pond and knocking the vicar off his bike – it’s more a case of blasting millions of tonnes of dust debris into the atmosphere, casing a nuclear winter and the start of a millennia long ice age.

Well that all sounds a bit melodramatic to me. In any case, no way was I going to do science on the same day as maths.

kayak23

Based on that then balls to facemasks

Nah I’ve tried it. Couldn’t get my legs through the straps.

piemonster

if we were told there was going to be an Extinction Level Event happening… I wouldn’t be that surprised

Ok, who wants to tell him?

onehundredthidiot

What that 97% of life that has ever existed is extinct. That extinction is the norm and world ending just means getting rid of humans and some other life but the world and by extension life will go on.

weeksy

Nah I’ve tried it. Couldn’t get my legs through the straps.

deserves some recognition 🙂

kjcc25
    Free Member

I was always told things come in threes!

llama

Yes the scientist on Today this morning was quite matter of fact about it.

‘We would feel an object of around 100m across, that would easily destroy a city. This one is about 1km across, it would be the end of human kind. But it won’t be near us for at least a couple of hundred years’

‘Oh that’s a relief then’

piemonster

What that 97% of life that has ever existed is extinct. That extinction is the norm and world ending just means getting rid of humans and some other life but the world and by extension life will go on.

Yes, something along those.

Along with the Holocene extinction event for bonus points

piemonster

😂 @Kayak

maccruiskeen

I was always told things come in threes!

is there room for three balls in a face mask?

antigee

Saw a headline and missed the “m” and thought passing earth by 3.9miles and that sounded like something not to be so relaxed about !

richmtb

And Brexit still planned for Dec 31st

pondo

Surprised? It would be a welcome relief.

Brilliant. 😀

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Charismatic mega-fauna alert

Just think of all the endangered species – pandas, blue whales, Siberian tigers, white rhinos- they’ve all been desperately trying to off themselves

– Giant pandas first became endangered in 1990 due to excessive poaching in the 80s and deforestation, depleting their bamboo food source

– Blue whale: Modern commercial whaling significantly reduced their numbers during the early 1900s, but populations are increasing globally. Today, blue whales are listed as endangered under the Endangered Species Act. The primary threats currently facing blue whales are vessel strikes and entanglements in fishing gear. Additional threats include ocean noise, habitat degradation, pollution, vessel disturbance, and long-term changes in climate.

– Siberian tiger: Illegal poaching, hunting and logging, habitat degradation and mining. Lack of prey (primary diet consists of deer and rabbits, yet humans have caused a decline in these prey)

– White rhino: Historically, uncontrolled hunting in the colonial era caused the major decline of white rhinos. Today, poaching for their horn is the main threat. Their survival is once again threatened by relentless poaching for the illegal trade in their horn.

But we wouldn’t let them.

Amazing. Seriously speechless.

dannyh
    Free Member

Don’t worry folks, Donald Trump is going to have himself taken up into the upper atmosphere in a balloon by Richard Branson (tremendous guy, I mean really tremendous). He is going to be carrying a supersoaker (like the bigliest bestest one you can get) filled with Dettol.

He is gonna get that asteroid done and M.E.G.A. (make Earth great again).

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Brexit, Covid now earth to be hit by giant asteroid!* On Wednesday!’ is closed to new replies.