Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 154 total)
  • BRENDEN RODGERS….
  • loddrik
    Free Member

So it’s just been announced that Brenden Rodgers has agreed to be our manager.

I am now utterly devastated, our club is now deservedly a laughing stock and I am preparing for a season of massive disappointment…

Garry_Lager

Did Terry Connor not want the job then? :mrgreen:

Staggered at Rodgers to be honest.

loddrik
    Free Member

What top players are going to come now? Reina will be gone, as will Suarez.

People can say all they like that Liverpool are yesterday’s club and in terms of success that has some truth in it, but the fact remains that Liverpool along with Utd are the only massive global clubs in the country and we deserve better, should be aiming higher.

I am utterly devastated, I cannot sit here and defend the undefenceable, wtf, these American owners, just like the last ones, have no clue.

Where the **** is our new stadium…

Did I mention I am completely devastated.

At least we could have even tried to pinch David moyes….

loddrik
    Free Member

I actually feel physically sick…

loddrik
    Free Member

Why why why why why!!!!!!!!!!?

allthepies
    Free Member

I would imagine that the senior players (who should know the opinion of the changing room) would have been canvassed for opinion ahead of any appointment. So I wouldn’t necessarily expect an exodus of players in the summer.

allthepies
    Free Member

Give the guy a chance.

carbon337
    Free Member

calm down calm down.

NUFC did this with Pardew and look where we are? yes….above you 🙂

higgo
    Free Member

He can, at least, lead a sing-song at half time….

http://www.brendanrogers.com/

sssimon
    Free Member

manager on the way up, all the other options had sketchy histories at least he’s coming in on a positive vibe might actually shake the players up a bit

mikey3
    Free Member

i,d did,nt know this until i read this thread,and as a swansea fan i feel gutted and betrayed,hope you go down.

loddrik
    Free Member

I’ll bet he’s not there in 18mths…

saleem
    Free Member

He had a meeting and is now with the Swansea chairman, doesn’t mean he’s got it, he’ll help liverpool finish higher than last season, better style of football as well as Kennys style lacked flair.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

bizarre appointment imo – not aiming very high are we now? liverpool SHOULD be attracting a real high class calibre of manager with a wealth of experience, instead they have acquired a chap who’s won promotion with swansea and kept them in the prem league for 1 season….not exactly sure how that warrants one of the top 5 tops in the premier league?

i wasnt really happy they were talking to martinez to be honest, but this is even a step below him 🙁

should have tried villas-boas at worst if they wanted a young manager – at least he had a point to prove and was shit on by chelsea

cb

Announced where?

loddrik
    Free Member

By which time the ‘top four’ will have well and truly sailed off into the distance…

They sacked dalglish for brenden bloody Rodgers…

loddrik
    Free Member

It’s all over Radio 5 now.

voodoo_chile

Loddrik, rather have him than martinez, he was reserve coach /manager at chelsea reserves ,then manager at watford and reading, then on to swansalona …..doesnt seem to long at the same place which cannot be good when we need stability

higgo
    Free Member
    TPTcruiser

Good choice, you didn’t want Rodriguez?
    His team plays good football, won’t get Champions League next season but will do the season after.
    Patience

loddrik
    Free Member

I get the impression he just capitalised on what Martinez built at Swansea, didn’t want either though. Rafa was available, excellent CV and affiliation with the club.

Truly gutted!!

cb

Maybe he’ll have the sense to offer Kuyt a new contract, and maybe even a game now and then…unlike “King” Kenny.

higgo
    Free Member

I’ll bet he’s not there in 18mths…

He’ll be out by Christmas.
    You’ll bring in Neil Warnock to stave off relegation.
    He will succeed (just).

loum
    Free Member

A bit of a gamble, but then any new management appointment is. He’s not ran a big club yet, but has a lot of experience for his age and has the presence to suggest he’ll handle it fine.
    His teams play great football, and work for each other. I reckon he’s gonna do well, but it’ll probably take a couple of years before they lift another pot. That “sick” feeling is excitement loddrik, its the start of a new era.
    It might be a bit earlier than some would have expected, but it was looking like he’d move up a level within a few seasons. As for why, I reckon they’ve poached him now knowing he was on a few other shortlists for jobs coming available next year 😉
    Hope he gets at least three seasons to make his mark, but its not a bad squad he’s taking over.

PrinceJohn

I get the impression he just capitalised on what Martinez built at Swansea

+1

Surprised is an understatement – I could see Rogers or Martinez at an Aston Villa to awaken the sleeping giant, but at Liverpool?

He’ll be gone by Christmas… (damn higgo beat me to it!!)

Is Louis Van Gaal still going to be director of football?

donsimon
    Free Member

I am now utterly devastated, our club is now deservedly a laughing stock and I am preparing for a season of massive disappointment…

What do you mean now?

loddrik
    Free Member

Nope, they are saying there will now be no director of football. The mind boggles…

loddrik
    Free Member

And as above, if I was a fan of the fools from up the M62, I’d be in the floor laughing too..

Haze

Good manager, but won’t be given a chance at Liverpool as he’s not a big enough name.

higgo
    Free Member

And as above, if I was a fan of the fools from up the M62, I’d be in the floor laughing too..

Leeds?
    You have more in common with them than you think.

weeksy

I was at Swansea for the last game of the season and they play decent football actually.

It’s also to be noted that i saw a link to overall posession stats for last season in Europe. Top were Barca of course, Bayern in there, Real in there…. Arsenal….. Guess who was 10th highest posession ….. Swansea !!!!.

From my perspective i’m more than happpy to give him a chance, i fancy a manager who has no favourites, will pick players based on position, skills and performance.

With luck, it will see players like Spearing never darkening the first team again.

loddrik
    Free Member

With luck, it will see players like Spearing never darkening the first team again.

+1

geoffj

*wanders over to twitter to see what The Poplar 1 makes of it.

loum
    Free Member

Rafa won nothing before Valencia , which he took at 41.
    Villas Boas, and Mourinho, had won nothing before Porto.
    Guardiola was a gamble for Barca.
    You need to take a risk to win.
    Moyes was never the answer, and Rafa had too much baggage . He would have been a good alternative to Kenny when Woy proved to be wrong, but they can’t go back in time for two appointments in a row. Not now.
    They’ll play good football, and its a gamble worth taking. I see them getting more points and finishing higher than this season, with this squad. Anything more depends on players coming in.

imnotverygood

Good manager, but won’t be given a chance at Liverpool as he’s not a big enough name an ex Liverpool player.

cb

WHat we need is Henderson to get lucky and shin a couple in from 30 yards at the Euros, some idiot will then buy him and allow us to get Rodwell out of that manky blue jersey…

carbon337
    Free Member

Top 5 jobs in league??? How’s that?

Thought that was MCFC,MUFC,AFC,THFC,NUFC

League doesn’t lie.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Is it really that bad a choice? Swansea played some great football last season. As a West Brom fan I’m now really worried who we might end up with!

Haze

A bigger name like Brendan Rogerson perhaps?

yossarian
    Free Member

Apparently Barry Fry was also approached but turned it down in favour of his allotment.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 154 total)

The topic ‘BRENDEN RODGERS….’ is closed to new replies.