Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 154 total)
  • BRENDEN RODGERS….
  • grum
    Free Member

As a Liverpool fan, I don’t think it’s such a bad appointment. A bold move certainly but if he gets them playing attractive football that will be a good start. I do wonder if he’ll get a decent chance though.

It’s a much more forward-thinking step than getting Rafa back like many fans have been calling for.

loum
    Free Member

It’s a much more forward-thinking step than getting Rafa back like many fans have been calling for. +1

Every team needs to rebuild at some point. The problem is sometimes the fans , and even the club, don’t realise it. Liverpool have now, and have made a start.
    Kenny was a bit of an emotional distraction from the longer term plan that FSG came in with. However, he did buy them some time to really analyse their options in appointing the young, hungry manager they wanted. this is definitely no “panic buy” but a reversion to the plan A. I don’t think Buck would have been on the list 18 months ago, but he looks ideal now.
    Liverpool have got a good young manager and a trophy out of the last season. Both are things that united (and probably Arsenal and Spurs) need out of next season.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Everybody talks about United like it’s a ticking bomb, but they seem to be doing just fine, albeit, they’ve just had a trophyless season where they looked second rate compared to a few European sides.

only buying young players, no midfielder again this season and probably priced out of a marque signing {hazard for example]
    to much of the Man U profit goe son servicing the debt and it wont end anytime soon so we will start going backwards [ if we have not actually started- we will probably stay top 4 but will be more like Arsenal than Man U

Dont think it will end well myself unless they sell to some Billionairre.

Not sure on Rodgers its a gamble but worth it IMHO

trailmonkey

Still, I suppose it could be worse, one could be a Villa fan and be calling one’s club a sleeping giant all the time.

*saucer of milk for mr dd*

but you know i’m right.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

but you know i’m right, your own post even reflects it.

No, you’re not “right”…nor am I. We are merely offering opinions…mine isn’t tainted by a dislike of the club though. 😉

voodoo_chile

Barca hunt in packs when they lose the ball ,when they get it back they travel closely in 3’s and 4’s , as for charlie adam loves to play the non penetrating long ball, very average imho

Junkyard
    Free Member

barca also have 11 world class players on the pitch which helps [ not a dig at liverpool] but the Barca/Spain method works as much due to the talent employed as to the system.

timc
    Free Member

weeksy – Member

TBH i like Charlie Adam. He has 1 thing that people like Henderson/Downing are completely lacking… a true footballing brain.
    Whilst Charie had a crap time of it last season, he can SEE passes, and see play in a way that only Gerrard can see and have the vision to implement. Look at Gerrards passes to Torres in the past, very few players SEE them runs/moves, let alone can pull them off. However, Charlie Adam is one of them people. But for whatever reason, it didn’t quite come off for him last year. He then hit a form slump, as did the team, then was injured. I have big dreams for Charlie… i hope he proves me right.

Are you mental? Charlie Adam? he gives the ball away ALL the time, Whats does Rodgers like?? Keeping the ball!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

11 world class players on the pitch

and another eleven in the reserves 😆

voodoo_chile

I like the way he has point blank refused a director of football , shows he knows his own style

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I think he could do a good job, but he won’t be allowed as moronic/deluded fans like the OP won’t give him a chance.

timc
    Free Member

he will be given a chance by the majority

weeksy

Are you mental? Charlie Adam? he gives the ball away ALL the time, Whats does Rodgers like?? Keeping the ball!!!

As with most walks of life, some people see different things… i see greatness in Adam… (potentially)… I also thing Rodgers could be the one to unleash that.

zimbo
    Free Member

When you walk through a storm
    Hold your head up high
    And don’t be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm
    Is a golden sky
    And the sweet silver song of the lark

I’m sure I can hear the faintest glimmers of birdsong…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think he could do a good job, but he won’t be allowed as moronic/deluded fans like the OP won’t give him a chance.

The irony of your post has probably sailed over your head.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I think it has. What Mr 3DD?

trailmonkey

he will be given a chance by the majority

like hodgson was ?

seriously, this is nothing to do with my opinion being

tainted by a dislike of the club

this is about liverpool fans being deluded if

a) they think that at present they are anything other than a mid table club – 37 points from the top, 16 points from relegation
    b) they don’t realise that as a result, they are supremely fortunate to still be able to attract a manager with the potential of rodgers
    c) they think that somehow they could have got someone ‘better’

i mean, all that guff about mourinho ????????

sweet baby jesus, he was really going to leave madrid for liverpool wasn’t he ? that’s exactly the delusion i’m on about.

i reckon pep left barcelona for b6 though 😆

weeksy

Did you actually read any of the posts on the thread from LFC fans or just make shit up as you went along ?

trailmonkey

OP

So it’s just been announced that Brenden Rodgers has agreed to be our manager.

I am now utterly devastated, our club is now deservedly a laughing stock and I am preparing for a season of massive disappointment…

case closed

zimbo
    Free Member

are anything other than a mid table club

You might be forgetting the minor matters of almost unparalleled footballing success and history, a huge loyal fanbase and the best atmosphere of any ground in the country. These aren’t the norm for “a mid table club” and our time will come again.

Junkyard
    Free Member

everyones time will come if we wait long enough

zimbo
    Free Member

everyones time will come if we wait long enough

No it won’t. Unfortunately many teams will forever be excluded from a run of continued success without a rich foreign benefactor and even that won’t sustain itself.

trailmonkey

You might be forgetting the minor matters of almost unparalleled footballing success and history………..

holy shit you just don’t get it do you ? it’s gone. you’re deluded if you think any other way and you’ll have little chance of it returning until you realise that and rebuild.

the best atmosphere of any ground in the country

😆 😆 🙄

more delusion, silent till they score in my experience as an away fan.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

silent till they score in my experience as an away fan.

Which to be fair, is bollocks tm.

Jeez, I know you don’t like them, but to allow it to cloud your judgement so much as to say something this silly?

zimbo
    Free Member

you’ll have little chance of it returning until you realise that and rebuild

What do you think I’m referring to when I say “our time will come again”? Of course we have to rebuild, and maybe that’s happening now.

my experience as an away fan

So come on then, which is the best? And don’t say Old Trafford, cause it ain’t.

Junkyard
    Free Member

excellent all the tribal rivalries are out now

weeksy

So come on then, which is the best? And don’t say Old Trafford, cause it ain’t.

Amazingly, it’s SWANSEA !!!!!

By FAR the best home support i’ve heard in the last 3 years. Last game of the season they were just exceptional.

trailmonkey

Which to be fair, is bollocks tm.

not in my experience dd. don’t let the memories of the odd uefa cup game against st etienne let you think that anfield is some atmospheric super stadium cos i can guarantee you that when it comes to an average league game in the middle of november, anfield is nothing special.

So come on then, which is the best? And don’t say Old Trafford, cause it ain’t

in my experience, the old stretford end era old trafford was far more impressive as an away fan, as was white hart lane, ayresome park, st james’s park, goodison park all much more partizan atmospheres. though because it’s a derby the hawthorns was always the best atmosphere for me.

to claim that liverpool is the best atmosphere in the prem tells me that you’re either a liverpool fan or you haven’t sampled too many other arenas.

i’d seen those european games on tv too, and i can tell you, anfield was a bit of a let down in the flesh.

zimbo
    Free Member

you’re either a liverpool fan

Your perspicacity (did my quoting the “You’ll Never Walk Alone” lyric provide a cryptic clue, I wonder?) is second only to your blatant hatred of all things LFC. Not that I mind that, I love partisanship, but it drapes the cloud of bitter resentment over all your comments.

Even the Daily Fascist like Anfield…
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1101536/THE-LIST-10-1-atmospheric-stadiums-football.html

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve been to Villa Park, the cradle of football as one deluded fan once called it. Bit of a shithole of a ground tbh. Tell you what though, the opposition fans were excellent. Wycombe Wanderers in the cup semi.

grum
    Free Member

Swansea were applauded off the pitch after a goalless draw at Anfield last season but it is the memory of Chelsea’s 2005 Champions League semi-final defeat, when as youth-team manager he watched Liverpool advance on Istanbul through a wall of noise, that enthuses Rodgers about the mammoth task ahead.

“The Chelsea players said they had never experienced support like that night,” the Liverpool manager reflected. “That was ultimately what won the game and that is what I want to do here. I want to use the incredible support to make coming to Anfield the longest 90 minutes of an opponent’s life. That’s the idea. I want to see this great attacking football with creativity and imagination, with relentless pressing of the ball. I know what it’s like because I had a team like that at Swansea. When people came to Swansea it was probably the longest 90 minutes of their life. So after 10 minutes when they hadn’t had a touch of the ball they are looking at the clock and seeing only 10 minutes had gone. It’s a long afternoon.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/01/brendan-rodgers-liverpool

Junkyard
    Free Member

he does say the right things and he does a good conference
    what he said should get the fans on side

grum
    Free Member

Yeah, I know it’s all just talk at this stage but I was very impressed with what he said.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I agree its just whether he gets the time and whether he fulfils his potential.
    I hope he at least gets the time.

timc
    Free Member

trailmonkey – Member
    OP

So it’s just been announced that Brenden Rodgers has agreed to be our manager.
    I am now utterly devastated, our club is now deservedly a laughing stock and I am preparing for a season of massive disappointment…

case closed

No, the op is a bad wool as are you! between you, you represent f’all of true lfc fans feelings

timc
    Free Member

in my experience, the old stretford end era old trafford was far more impressive as an away fan, as was white hart lane, ayresome park, st james’s park, goodison park all much more partizan atmospheres. though because it’s a derby the hawthorns was always the best atmosphere for me.

o dear, embarissed for you!

trailmonkey

Villa Park, the cradle of football as one deluded fan once called it

Every year it is becoming more and more difficult for football clubs of any standing to meet their friendly engagements and even arrange friendly matches. The consequence is that at the last moment, through cup-tie interference, clubs are compelled to take on teams who will not attract the public.
    I beg to tender the following suggestion as a means of getting over the difficulty: that ten or twelve of the most prominent clubs in England combine to arrange home-and-away fixtures each season, the said fixtures to be arranged at a friendly conference about the same time as the International Conference.
    This combination might be known as the Association Football Union, and could be managed by representative from each club. Of course, this is in no way to interfere with the National Association; even the suggested matches might be played under cup-tie rules. However, this is a detail.
    My object in writing to you at present is merely to draw your attention to the subject, and to suggest a friendly conference to discuss the matter more fully. I would take it as a favour if you would kindly think the matter over, and make whatever suggestions you deem necessary. I am only writing to the following – Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Preston North End, West Bromwich Albion, and Aston Villa, and would like to hear what other clubs you would suggest.
    I am, yours very truly, William McGregor (Aston Villa F.C.) 2 March 1888.

Not delusion, a reasonable statement to make given the historical record.

Delusion would be to imagine that we’re still the force we were in 1890 or for others to imagine that they’re still the force they were in 1980.

zimbo
    Free Member

Not delusion, a reasonable statement to make given the historical record

Yes but how beautifully naiive of you allude to the salient history of your club, yet deny that the unmatched history of Liverpool has any bearing on the club they are and will be. Hypocrisy of the most laughable order.

And isn’t it telling that the second highest attendance at Villa Park last season was against a poxy “mid-table” club like Liverpool. That says either Liverpool have great fans, or that Villa fans still see something special in Liverpool. But most likely, a bit of both.

I bet you long for 1980 more than we do. As I say, our time will come again. And while I have nothing against Villa and wish them every success, yours is less likely to.

voodoo_chile

Schricky, why would you call the OP moronic?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Or deluded….. “We” or they are currently a mid table team with aspirations of returning to former glories. Why should signing a very promising manager make them a laughing stock? I seems representative of every scouse fan’s attitude I speak to that nothing is good enough for them because of their all encompassing history. I’d say they are in a crisis state and need massive team rebuilding as they only have 3/4 really good players, and one of those only turns up when he wants and another is well past his best and injury prone. Who was Wenger when Arsenal appointed him?

Oh and at least spell his name right…

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 154 total)

The topic ‘BRENDEN RODGERS….’ is closed to new replies.