Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Brechfa Trails
  • thered

Does anybody have a GPX of the Black/Blue/Green combo route and also the Red route please?

wildc4rd
    Free Member

I have the Green/Blue I did with the wife a few years ago if thats any use.

defblade
    Free Member

Most of the black is closed at the moment. The blue and green are pretty well signed so long as you keep your eyes open a bit. If you also have the trail card, it all makes sense.

bfw

I have it. Pm me and I can send it on Sunday if that’s not too late

Me and my son did it in October, it was bloody ace, all Misty and damp

thered

@wildc4rd thx but it’s the black combo I’m after.

@bfw
    Thank you

toofarwest

I’ve got a GPX of the grand slam, first half of the black, full red, remainder of the black then blue/green loop (basically every section of trail in one go) if that’s any use?
    As above, the black is currently closed as is the final red descent.

alaric

@toofarwest I’d appreciate that gpx, if you don’t mind – alaricdarmon@gmail.com

Is it really still closed? MBWales shows it as closed in February… I live in Switzerland at the moment, but am visiting the UK in a couple of weeks, and was planning to go to Brechfa, but there’s no point if that much is closed, I’ll go to Afan instead!

Thanks!

Ambrose

Final descent of the red was open a fortnight ago. Has it been closed since then?

toofarwest

They were redoing the bridge I think, there’s a barrier across the start of that section but I was coming over from the black so didn’t see any diversions. This was Thursday last week.

bonni

I was planning a trip myself. Can anyone enlighten me as to what they are doing to the black trails in order to close them for so long? Felling perhaps? Anyone know when they are due to re-open?

Cheers!

defblade
    Free Member

There was massive damage to all the trails from fallen trees in the January storms. IIRC they had over 150 to clear. It’s not been very long that the blue and green have re-opened and it’s clear that they have been doing a lot of work to them – the first chunk of green ST has been completely re-made, and the blue climb too. Not sure about what’s happening on the black as it’s above my ability/testicles, but I guess they’re doing the same level of work and are not rushing. It may be worth getting on the Brechfa riders facebook group for more info.

bonni

@defblade

Cheers for the info. Will get the missus to check FB. Thanks again

kimbers

So anyone been here recently?

Ive not been since 2012!

defblade
    Free Member

I go for the green and blue from time to time. There a couple of weeks ago, all open and fine, chatting to a group of guys enjoying the black sections too so I don’t think there’s any problems there either.

Ambrose

I was in Brechfa last Saturday. Derwen green and blue are fully open. Initial sections of Raven are open. Middle section of Raven where it breaks away from the blue climb is closed due to harvesting. The Raven from the split off from the fun blue descent is open, as is the jump park section and the big tabletops etc. Black is then diverted right, before the small bridge but soon returns to the original route, just beneath the main forest road and then back to the carpark as usual. You can also get onto the very last bits of the Black from the final mega fast/ fun section of the Derwen trail.

Red was fully open when I was last there but that was some time ago.

kimbers

Cheers !

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.