Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Brechfa..still closed?
  • Twodogs

Anyone local know if Brechfa is actually closed? NRW site has been saying so for months..just wondering if it’s up to date (I can’t go cos we’re locked down but for when it ends)

lister

Yep, still closed.

Twodogs

Ta

Mintyjim

Hi all,
    Is Brechfa now open? I believe that Abergorlech (The Gorlech trail) is but what about the trails from the other carpark; Raven I think.

I’m equidistant to Brechfa and Nant yr Arian but fancy doing the figure of eight of Raven and Gorlech tomorrow.

Last update was 16th October online.

Cheers,
    James

P-Jay
    Free Member

Gorlech was indeed open 2 weeks ago when some friends went, apparently that group of 3 final descents was down to a single, tyre-wide sloppy line and rubbish/terrifying depending on your attitude to risk due to the logging. I’d heard Back on Track were going to fix it up, I don’t know if that happened.

The other car-park remained closed.

Mintyjim

Thanks P-Jay, Nant yr Arian it is!

Mintyjim

Hi all, does anyone know if it’s now fully open again? The website hasn’t been updated for ages!
    Thanks

P-Jay
    Free Member

There’s a small Brechfa MTB group on FB I’m part of.

I haven’t been down myself, but last I read Gorlech (red) was open with some diversions, but the trails (Blue and Black) from the other car park are still closed. Cwm Rhaeadr is open.

They’ve had some funding for a feasibility study for a lot more trails so hopefully it’s going to grow.

lister

If you do Facebook then there is a page called Brechfa Trail Updates that the local NRW woodland manager runs.

Bits are open but not all at the mo.

northy
    Free Member

my son went up there yesterday and did the black and red runs…

rusty90
    Free Member

Both car parks are now open – Abergorlech (Red) and Byrgwm (Green/Blue/Black)
    The last descent of the Red is closed following repairs and there is a small bit near the end of the Black closed.

IdleJon

Cwm Rhaeadr is open.

Excellent – that may be worth a trip this weekend!

reluctantjumper

Was at Cwm Rhaeadr last weekend and it’s actually running better after the felling than it did before. The lack of traffic meant it got slippery under the trees at times, now it runs properly fast. It was the busiest I’ve ever seen it though, had to queue for a space in the car park! Mostly dog walkers though so the trail itself was quiet.

chrispo
    Free Member

If you do Facebook then there is a page called Brechfa Trail Updates that the local NRW woodland manager runs.

Well actually it’s me…

I can confirm it’s not worth riding the Red as half of it is closed, but the rest are all good to go.

Mintyjim

Thanks all! Not on Facebook so that’s out. Might give cwm rhaeadr a look. Bit addicted to the Reaper trail at Nant yr Arian right now but need to get out more now that we’re allowed!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Brechfa..still closed?’ is closed to new replies.