Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Brands who used to be good?……
  • brakes
    Free Member

I’ve got a Black & Decker bog standard hammer drill that’s 16 years old, my Dad’s is at least twice that and still works, although it does create a shower of sparks which I guess isn’t very safe…

kimbers

cant believe so many people mentioning Kona

i want to ride a process too, getting some good reviews

plastic dh for 2014

http://revolutionmtb.com.au/?p=1105

Karinofnine

Sorry, haven’t read all the above, but Hunter wellies – used to be awesome, then they took production to China and now… the wellies are rubbish. I used to live and die in them, now I wear other boots.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

IBM do stuff you don’t see anymore it’s all out there just hiding.

Kona had a very rough phase where they managed to make functional or just plain weird bike that didn’t really excite people. They have made a come back with the Operator etc. see what they do from here.

Markie
    Free Member

Macpac. 🙁

bearnecessities

Kona have just never kept that ahead of the field status that JM brought, but then that would have been too much to ask really. They will always have legendary staus, but only in heritage.

IMworthlessO.

bearnecessities

IBM do stuff you don’t see anymore it’s all out there just hiding.

That.

kimbers

bearnecessities – Member
    Kona have just never kept that ahead of the field status that JM brought, but then that would have been too much to ask really. They will always have legendary staus, but only in heritage.

IMworthlessO.

id disagree the world moved on from the steel hardtail and kona where at the front of the freeride movement with the original stinky, the first privateer dhbike with the stab, theyve kept exotic steel bikes in their lineup ever since including singlespeeds

some of their bikes havent been brilliant but theyve always kept some great bikes in the catalogue

bearnecessities

the world moved on from the steel hardtail

I disagree! 🙂

Manufacturers progressed, marketing and such like did their job and full sus/carbon etc became affordable to all.

However, again just my view, but kona were the leaders with the tech available at the time. They no longer are, but I’d still swap my full sus, carbon, character-less bike, for the excitement and feel my old explosif pro gave me.

My point? I’ve forgotten…

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Fat willy’s surf shack

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Macpac.

Yes, good one. Thinking about replacing my old Glissade this year but doesn’t look like another Macpac will be on the list. Was it just the production move to Vietnam that did for them do you think?

AlexSimon

molgrips – Member

Alex, there’s a reason the some top end jackets are short. It’s so they don’t foul your climbing harness. You can wear them with salopettes if you want a warm midriff.
    A short jacket is a short jacket, but one that moves when you raise your arms is just daft. If you’re wearing a backpack, it just raises up and stays there or worse, rucks up and creates a chafing point. The similar items from Mountain Equipment and Patagonia at the time had correctly cut arms. They may even have been tested before being released 😉
    imo they rode the wave of fashion popularity slightly too far for the good of their original customers. They may or may not care as they have made huge sums of money.

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Brands who used to be good?……’ is closed to new replies.