Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Brand X Dropper – Play in Seat Clamp
  • oddnumber
    Free Member

Afternoon all. Just treated myself to a Brand X dropper for the singlespeed. Installation was straightforward other than even when the seat clamp is torqued onto the rails, there’s still a very small amount of play in the saddle. It’s very small, but just noticeable.

Has anyone else got the same dropper and has movement in the saddle even when tightened?

Ta very much.

mashr

Is the play in the clamp and not just the shaft of the dropper rotating? I’ve got 2 B-X posts, both rotate slightly but it’s not the clamp

fatbrad
    Free Member

I have a BX dropper. The saddle twists a couple of degrees either way. Bugs the hell of me but it’s normal according to other users. It’s the shaft moving rather than the clamp for me. But unnoticeable when riding.

intheborders
    Free Member

They do, it doesn’t get any worse.

TBH I can’t feel it when I ride, so ignore it.

coconut
    Free Member

Yep, all Brand-X droppers wiggle sideways a bit, just the way they build them. I sent mine back to Brand-X (Chainreaction) originally, as I thought it was defetive. They inspected it and returned it saying the play in the saddle was normal.

oddnumber
    Free Member

Thanks all, good to know it’s not faulty!

@mashr
    – you’re absolutely right. The rotation is in the upper shaft.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hullo,

A bit of a hijack as I do not want to multiply Brand X dropper threads.

Mine, 150mm, J20D2 model, internal, decided not to stay up anymore. Though it would be cable or actuator blocked by cable. Nope. Took it out, no cable attached still not staying up.
    Even pulled out actuator rod from the bottom, still not staying up.

Would I need new cartridge because old is now kaput?

Cheers!
    I.

transporter13
    Free Member

Yeah.. Cartridges are cheap and easy to change over.. Had to do one on my sons bike a few months ago. All good after

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Cheers!

Just awaiting now word from CRC/Wiggle what cartridge model will be suitable for my dropper.

I.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.