Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Brand X dropper movement when actuated
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I recently serviced my 2018 Brand X dropper and it works fine. Apart from the fact that when it’s actuated and dropped using the lever, I can extend it and compress it easily by hand. It stays down and up as normal when using the lever, but because it can move up freely when actuated means it bangs against its limit on rough downhills. Anyone know the cause and solution for this?

thols2

I don’t understand from your description what it’s actually doing.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m guessing you can pull the post up by hand from it’s dropped position and you’re saying it’s rattling when descending? You sure its the post that’s making the noise?

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Sorry, I was struggling to describe the issue. So the post works fine with the lever – it stays up when you want it up and down when you want it down. But when it’s down, you can manually lift it back up and push it down again (without actuating it with the lever). This means on rough descents, it’s free to move, which causes it to knock against its lowest position. It’s annoying but I can live with it. I was just curious to know the cause of the issue and if there’s a fix.

uggski

Are you sure the actuator is not sticking half open. I had this on a X-fusion and sort of flicking the lever stopped it. Eventually replaced with a Brand X dropper as it was cheaper than sending the X-fusion off for a service

zerocool

Donmt do that, it’s bad for droppers

desperatebicycle

Donmt do that, it’s bad for droppers

I read it as he can do it, not that he just does it as a pasttime.

commencaltr29rider
    Free Member

Still a more constructive pastime than driving a landrover repeatedly through a ford.

jimmy748

Sounds like maybe the post mechanism isn’t correctly attached to the bottom actuator, are these Allen head pins located correctly?

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Cheers Jimmy. I remember fitting the two screws and the actuator being fixed on the rod but I’ll double check

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.