Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Brand-X Ascend II External Dropper Post
  • pottersmtber
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Just bought myself this dropper post for chrimbo. Was just wondering is there a way to test it’s working ok before I install the cable etc?

Cheers.

plus-one

Pull the little cam where cable attaches to operate !

pottersmtber
    Free Member

Thanks will take a look when I can, I assume it’s safe to do this without causing any damage?

plus-one

Not at all all your doing is replicating what cable does 🙂

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Why would you assume that it was anything other than working fine ? Seems like a bizarre way of going about things or perhaps I am just an optimist . Would you check that your brake pads weren’t contaminated before fitting them etc ?

pottersmtber
    Free Member

It’s just thats its quite an expensive part and didn’t want to go through the trouble of fitting it to find it was faulty.

Poopscoop

There is no right or wrong about checking a part is functioning before fitting.👍

They are great droppers so all should be good.

samuelr
    Free Member

I always check any new parts over before fitting them. Imo its good practice and saves time in fitting a faulty part. It takes 30 seconds but could save hours of fitting, finding out it doesn’t work then removal.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

They do have some play in them from new! It’s a bit more than I’d like in an ideal world, but liveable given they are cheapish and reasonably reliable compared to other, often more expensive offerings.

I don’t think there is anything better at the price (usually on sale for 80-90 quid) and it’s been that way for a few years now!

tdog
    Free Member

Mine has loads of play of all sorts since new

Am i bovered, no cause it does the job!

Save £200 and get one then you can upgrade lever to a fancy one as that makes more difference on droppers ime

pottersmtber
    Free Member

Started installing it today. Doesn’t look like i’m going to be able to get the 1x lever to work next to my front shifter.
    Anyone got a 2x lever that they don’t want, rather not pay another £25 for another lever.

pottersmtber
    Free Member

Also, is there a way to rotate the cable actuator/collar anti-clockwise so that it’s slightly more hidden from view. There is a small screw on the back of this collar which I tried loosening but it still wouldn’t move.

Any ideas? Perhaps undo it more?

hols2
    Free Member

Doesn’t look like i’m going to be able to get the 1x lever to work next to my front shifter.

I run mine on the RH side above the bar. Doesn’t look tidy, but it works.

Also, is there a way to rotate the cable actuator/collar anti-clockwise so that it’s slightly more hidden from view.

Not as far as I know, I assumed it was designed to sit to the side to allow the cable to be routed around the side of the top tube. I wouldn’t start unscrewing things unless I knew exactly what they were there for.

mulacs

I think I’ve got the 2x/cx style lever somewhere, pm me and I’ll go look when it’s daylight 👍

pottersmtber
    Free Member

PM sent!

pottersmtber
    Free Member

A shop locally is selling the Giant Switch 2X lever for £18.99, anyone know if this would be compatible??

mulacs
    pottersmtber
    Free Member

Managed to get a 2x lever from a local bike shop and have now finished setting it up. Going for first ride with it on today!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Brand-X Ascend II External Dropper Post’ is closed to new replies.