Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Brand new Marantz CD6006 …. KNACKERED!
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Unboxed it last night. Read the start-up guide and powered it up.

Pressed the open button and nothing. The disc tray stayed put.

More pressing, a few effs and jeffs but no joy.

How poor is this from a respected manufacturer?

Has anyone else suffered Marantz misery?

RustySpanner

Not got a transit screw underneath, has it?

derek_starship
    Free Member

I searched desperately for a transit screw! But alas, nothing.

RustySpanner

Arse.

newrobdob
    Free Member

I’m sure you get the odd dead one from all manufacturers no matter what the cost. Sometimes with how far they travel from where they are made and all the different modes of transport on that journey I think it’s pretty amazing they still look new when you unbox them.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I know what you mean. Not sure Vietnam is a six sigma territory though!

angeldust
    Free Member

Brand new? Just get them to replace it then.  Even the best quality products have some sort of failure rate.

penguinni

Small consolation but once you get it going you will love it. Ive a 5005 partnered with a 6006  amp and it just sounds wonderful.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Its going back for a refund. I went to Richer Sounds today and got myself an Onkyo C7030.

It worked first time! And sounds brilliant for the price.

CountZero

It’s possible the little belt that opens the tray has slipped off, my Cambridge DVD99 refused to open the drawer, so I took it into Richer Sounds, and by chance I’d bought an extended service contract, which ran out three days later! They fixed it, it was the belt had gone wonky.

derek_starship
    Free Member

To bring my tale of woe to a close, can I just tell you that homeavdirect were brilliant. No quibbles at all. Emailed DPD return labels to me and apologized for my disappointment. He also dropped in that Marantz products are increasingly showing quality issues…

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s funny, I have a cd5005 on the way from home av to replace the 24 year old cd63 in my office.

The cd6006 downstairs has been faultless so far FWIW

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Brand new Marantz CD6006 …. KNACKERED!’ is closed to new replies.