Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Brambles and arm protection.
  • jn49
    Free Member

Arms have been getting shredded by brambles recently whilst out, as the trails has become overgrown. Normal arm warmers don’t really offer much protection, other than from nettles.

Any recommendations for light weight elbow and forearm protection ( ideally full coverage ) that will take the worst of the scratches please?

Cheers.

mattyfez

I think anything over an arm warmer would have you sweating like a two dollar whore.

Take some Secateurs and clear a path?

Caher

I like the bleeding arms and legs, scars of war or cycling. Look impressive in the evening when out.

nickjb
    Free Member

661 2×4 are quite good for this.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Attach ten inch blades as bar-ends.*

*no, don’t.

Poopscoop

Caher

Subscriber
    I like the bleeding arms and legs, scars of war or cycling. Look impressive in the evening when out.

That’s the option I go with. Sweat, tan, blood and dirt.

We were there man, these people don’t understand what being in the s*** is really about.

nixie

I find long sleeve jerseys ward off most of them and don’t find them significantly hotter than short sleeves (to the point where I also wear long sleaves on hot sunny days). Yeah the jerseys get a bit ripped up but prefer that to my arms.

kayla1
    Free Member

I don’t mind it either, kind of the reminders of a smashing day out and getting away with stuff 😆

joemmo
    Free Member

Fit a second pair of grips inboard of your brake levers and ride like it’s 1992

Or just be less enduro and adopt a T-rex pose for the spiky sections

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Brambles and arm protection.’ is closed to new replies.