Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Brakes howling after bleed
  • loddrik
    Free Member

As above, I guess I must have got a little oil on the pads/discs. Would blasting them with a steamer help?

khani
    Free Member

Dunno about the pads but one of those hand held steam cleaners works a treat on rotors..

johnellison
    Free Member

If you’ve got fluid on the pads, they’re fubarred. Replace. Clean discs with IPA or propietory brake disc cleaner beforehand.

theglover
    Free Member

Depends on how much… you might be able to get away with sanding the pads down and cleaning the rotors with IPA

smiffy

Schoolboy error!

wilko1999
    Free Member

I’ve never managed to rescue any contaminated pads. I’ve tried all the usual suggestions. It’s happened an embarrassing 5 times and each time the only way to cure it properly has been new pads. The continuing expense of being clumsy 🙁

johnellison
    Free Member

Actually, having said that – no-one’s actually asked if your brakes work properly, despite the howling?

Mine squeal like a pig just after I wash the bike and degrease everything, but they work just peachy.

bobmck
    Free Member

Did you take the calliper off (i.e. calliper and disc now misaligned)? Could cause one pad to touch the rotor before the other…

brakes
    Free Member

aaaawwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooo!

corsair
    Free Member

aaaawwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooo!

I see what you did there, brakes. 😆

tmb467
    Free Member

Wash pads in soapy water then put em on a hot hob

Burn off the oil

Quick sand and put em back on – done this once before and it worked fine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Brakes howling after bleed’ is closed to new replies.