Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • brake cable rattling where it enters frame. fix?
  • ton

how to stop a brake cable from rattling where it enters a frame.

thought about using clear sealant around the cable where it enters.

why don’t bike people use a grommet when they build up bikes?

martinhutch

Sealant? You’d regret that, I reckon.

Take the hose off at the lever and pop the grommet onto it so you can slide it into place. Two second operation, shouldn’t need to rebleed if you’re careful.

Scrub that, didn’t consider the nut. You could slice one open with a blade to get it over the hose, then glue it back together again.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Try wedging a bit of high density foam in there first, see how that goes. My Bronson has split grommets at the cable entry ports, so you must be able to buy them?.

downhilldave

Buy a grommet that you think is the correct size (i´d get a few various sizes) Cut the grommet with a stanley knife and try the fit. if its Ok fit it and pop a little super glue on the grommet join and bobs yer grandad. (Well he was mine)

windysurfer
    Free Member

Pull the cable out a bit then wrap it with insulation tape until its outer diameter is around the same size as the hole and jam in back in. Worked for me.

ton

Pull the cable out a bit then wrap it with insulation tape until its outer diameter is around the same size as the hole and jam in back in. Worked for me.

perfect mate. sorted now.

DezB
    Free Member

I used Sugru

carlos
    Free Member

Noberinthefridge

My Bronson has split grommets at the cable entry ports, so you must be able to buy them?.

You can get them from Jungle products. Don’t know if they are listed in the shop on the website, but if you call up they’ll sort you out the right ones

carlos
    Free Member

Noberinthefridge

My Bronson has split grommets at the cable entry ports, so you must be able to buy them?.

If you need any, you can get them from Jungle products. Don’t know if they are listed in the shop on the website, but if you call up they’ll sort you out the right ones

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘brake cable rattling where it enters frame. fix?’ is closed to new replies.