Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bowel cancer. Worth a read.
  • CHB

Stumbled on this while looking for info on London riots….

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2023156/Fear-killer–cancer-Chris-Evans-opens-health-scare.html

I would concur with everything mr Evans says. Maybe somone could email him the picolax thread!

surfer
    Free Member

Very interesting and frank.

CHB

Have emailed the link to Chris.
    I had forgotten how funny it is, and moving too…literally:

The Picolax Thread Returns

wrightyson
    Free Member

Even writing about something so macabre mr evans thoroughly captures my interest. Glad to hear he’s all ok.

andyl
    Free Member

reading that Picolax thread just brought back some memories from when i had the same procedure at 19, also on Merseyside. I thought I had blocked some of those memories out for good but not any more! Small price to pay for not having/getting rid of bowel cancer though. 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

You look for ‘info’ about current affairs on the Daily Mail website? 😯

imnotverygood

You go to the Daily Mail for info on riots 😯 What do you think they are going to say 😀

CHB

iDave, since the news of the world closed, where else can I get decent, well researched and balanced news and analysis?
    😈

andyl
    Free Member
    project
    Free Member

In Mr Evans own words.

“Three weeks ago that’s exactly what happened. While going to the toilet I passed blood twice in a few days. The first time not so much, the second time quite a lot. In fact the whole pan was awash with bright red liquid.

The spooky thing was that when I saw it, I was eerily calm. Believe me, I am the ultimate coward, but something deep down inside me clicked and I very calmly wiped my bottom, flushed the toilet and then went to find my phone.
    I called my doctor straight away.

‘You know I’ve been concerned about the history of bowel cancer in our family?’ I said to Dr H.

‘Yeees,’ he replied attentively.

‘Well, I’ve passed blood twice this week and the second time, just now, was quite a lot.’

‘Ah, then we need to sort that,’ he announced.

Now look back at that sentence. It contains the word ‘sort’. Not ‘try to sort’ but ‘sort’.

Because this was the first sign I have ever had of anything going wrong down there, he said, it was almost a shoo-in that I would be in plenty of time to do something about it”.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2023156/Fear-killer–cancer-Chris-Evans-opens-health-scare.html#ixzz1UL9qepuJ

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bowel cancer. Worth a read.’ is closed to new replies.