Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 127 total)
  • Boston Bombing arrest
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Sounds like they’ve got one of them. Is Gitmo still open for new guests?

martinhutch

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSlRHJv1nnA[/video]

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I got a question… the fella in the white cap.

If he is a perp (I believe the saying is), why hasn’t he turned that cap around so that he can’t seen quite so blooming easily ?

kennyp
    Free Member

It’s comical one of their suspects was a guy not watching the race, if you look he’ watching a pretty girl on a bike wearing lycra.

Presumably the FBI will be arresting Peter Sagan fairly soon then.

CaptJon
    Free Member
    wwaswas

Started thread on this before I saw this one;

Live Boston Police radio feed, compelling;

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/live-boston-police-radio-feed

CaptJon
    Free Member

It’s amazing to be able to listen to officers on the ground while reading experiences of local people on twitter.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Take it all with a pinch of salt until confirmed by multiple sources.

brakes
    Free Member

oh bore off ohnohesback

wwaswas

I’m not going to post the actual picture on here but this just makes me think ‘how does someone get to the point in their head where they justify an action like this’

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIM1mVbCEAAMWvt.jpg

it’s as the bomb is planted, with the kid who died standing next to it.

clubber
    Free Member

‘how does someone get to the point in their head where they justify an action like this’

It’s easy and you can see the starting of it on many threads on here.

Just demonise/dehumanise a whole section of society (lefties, tories, fatbikers, 29ers, whatever) for their beliefs/behaviour, add in a little bit of mental illness/environment/psychopathy/etc and it goes a step further to the point where you’re willing to kill.

brakes
    Free Member

you can see the starting of it on many threads on here

do you realise the irony of your post?

clubber
    Free Member

Maybe 😉

whatnobeer
    Free Member

It’s all very weird seeing the whole thing play out on live TV/twitter etc. Uncomfortable but strangely compelling in a way.

wrecker
    Free Member

Just demonise/dehumanise a whole section of society (lefties, tories, fatbikers, 29ers, whatever) for their beliefs/behaviour, add in a little bit of mental illness/environment/psychopathy/etc and it goes a step further to the point where you’re willing to kill.

I definitely blame 29ers. I’m gonna email fox news and tell ’em.

wrecker
    Free Member

Being reported that the suspects are “from near chechnya” on BBC.

theotherjonv

‘Got a Russian sounding name’ according to the beeb. That’ll make them slightly less annoyed then!

Why would Chechen terrorists choose a soft target in the us?

Lifer
    Free Member

Chechnya has lots of oil…[/alexjonesfalseflag]

unklehomered
    Free Member

technically the Beeb are reporting that an american network are reporting they are from Chechnya

wrecker
    Free Member

News agency Associated Press is reporting that the Boston bomb suspects are from a Russian region near Chechnya, and have lived in the US for at least one year. That information is as yet unconfirmed.

Sounds like someone is either well connected or good at making stuff up. Odds on the remaining chap being taken alive?

wwaswas

police channel says pipe bomb just gone off.

brakes
    Free Member

Islamists then?

wrecker
    Free Member

Islamists then?

I though they all wore beards and dresses? 😉

brakes
    Free Member

nah, that’s singlespeeders

Lifer
    Free Member

Some pro-Russian Chechens aren’t fans of the US re stirring up of the Independence movement plus there are claims that the US aided Chechen terrorists.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

police channel says pipe bomb just gone off.

Controlled detonation? Seems like they’ve found another suspect package. Scary shit.

wrecker
    Free Member

there are claims that the US aided Chechen terrorists.

In all fairness, they did do that.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This is all playing perfectly into the hands of US adherents of a bit of shock doctrine. 🙁

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Anyone see the student interviewed on BBC news earlier?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

That isn’t a student, That is Marcus a well known Bristol Triathlete who ran the Boston Marathon he is an Engineer.

CaptJon
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    This is all playing perfectly into the hands of US adherents of a bit of shock doctrine.

In what way?

unklehomered
    Free Member

does that explain it somehow? is this a different sort of triathalon than the ones on TV?

Klunk
    Free Member

the boston police do like their tents !

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Look like they are closing in on him.

neninja
    Free Member

The suspect’s uncle in Russia was just interviewed on CBS over the phone. He said the older brother was a loser who dropped out of college. The last time he spoke to him in 2009 he was going on about extreme Islamic views.

He didn’t know that the older brother had been killed. His response was that they were bastards and deserve to die.

Klunk
    Free Member

[*]some poor sod in a black hoodie is going to cop it soon !!!

unklehomered
    Free Member

“obviously we cannot jump to conclusions” – standard BBC disclaimer before asking someone to jump to conclusions.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Sounds like they have found another explosive device, in the same buildings as the chap with the hoodie is hiding in.

Klunk
    Free Member

you have to say getting a helicopter on scene early with a thermal camera don’t half save a lot of faffing about.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Boston Bombing arrest’ is closed to new replies.