Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)
  • Boston Bombing arrest
  • busydog
    Free Member

Don’t know if it has hit the news there yet, but all the news people are announcing an arrest in the Boston bombing case. Apparently a camera on a Lord & Taylor store across the street gave a really clear shot of a guy. Of course all the reporters/reporterettes are falling all over themselves with speculation

legend
    Free Member

Roof-top dude?

Drac

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22190353

Don’t know if it has hit the news there yet, but all the news people are announcing an arrest in the Boston bombing case.

😯

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    timc
    Free Member

Give the roof top guy shout a rest man

trailmonkey

was it a north korean muslim ?

yunki
    Free Member

he will be by the official press release

bwaarp
    Free Member

Roof-top dude?

More likely one of the guys reddit users identified.

Hundreds of photos were uploaded….and there was one guy that fitted the bill real nicely….pictured at the first bomb scene….carrying a bag with a similar strap as the bag identified by the FBI as being one of the bags that held a bomb….and he was photographed walking away from the scene without said bag.

I really wouldn’t be surprised if the witch hunting redditors were actually right on this one….the thread was like a grim game of “Where’s Waldo”….that race had literally thousands of high resolution photos taken…. I bet the fbi could identify the bloke even without cctv. In fact, I reckon the high res imagery taken by individuals will be used in court to give more weight to the usual grainy footage you get with cctv cameras.

somouk
    Free Member

Link to the reddit post?

I hope he burns in hell if they do get him.

allthepies
    Free Member

No arrest so far according to CH4 news although a suspect has been identified on CCTV.

Klunk
    Free Member

google image search “boston bomber”

allthepies
    Free Member

View post on imgur.com

Odd carrying a rucksak like that when it’s designed to be on your back.
    Easy to drop to the floor though.

Or this fella

View post on imgur.com

spchantler
    Free Member

I hope he burns in hell if they do get him

people that do stuff like this live in their own personal hell, that none of us can even contemplate…

headfirst
    Free Member

From Google images, is the bearded guy in red t shirt and blue jacket the Internet’s prime suspect? ALLEGEDLY I should add…

lemonysam
    Free Member

People often carry rucksacks like that in crowds as it makes it harder for pickpockets. Not to stand in the way of accusing a man based on the fact that he has a black bag which he likes to carry.

Drac

I carry my camera bag like that a lot for easy access but yes it matches the suspect bag.

bwaarp
    Free Member

http://en.reddit.com/r/boston/comments/1cf5wp/2013_boston_marathon_attacks_please_upload_any/?sort=new

There’s actually quite a few interesting candidates…off the top of my head… one white guy in blue….an iranian looking bloke in a brown jacket and purple t-shirt with a bag that matches the fbi release…he was seen walking away without the bomb…. two interesting blokes kitted out in covert military gear…that one was the weirdest one to me….they were dressed in a fashion that would make UK undercover police laugh their balls off.

etc

nealglover
    Free Member

I often carry mine like that in crowded places as its easier to turn round without it getting in the way on your back.

Klunk
    Free Member

internet suspects

Drac

That Reddit site is a bit pathetic some of their claims for suspects are laughable.

bwaarp
    Free Member

It’s kind of addictive though

busydog
    Free Member

No arrest so far according to CH4 news although a suspect has been identified on CCTV.

As Drac’s link indicated as well—once the speculation gets out there, it takes on a life of it’s own. Comment above about all the pictures being taken by so many hi-res cameras is spot-on. Someone is pretty likely to have it in their phone/camera.

Northwind

It’s getting right into the rolling-news-bull**** phase now, one place reports an arrest, everyone else reports that someone’s reported an arrest, and soon more people report an arrest… They were talking about “breaking news and broken news” on channel 4 news, the story is the story. I’d rather my news be a little slower and right…

allthepies – Member

I do it often tbh- shifts the weight and it’s much better in crowds, as above, makes you smaller and not so exposed to thieves if you’re bothered about that.

The strap design’s not exactly distinctive, I think every rucksack I’ve owned for about the last 20 years has been similiar…

samuri
    Free Member

But if you’ve got the same skin tone as someone else that’s good enough for the reddit crowd. Terrorists often tan themselves the same so they can identify each other.

Drac

It’s comical one of their suspects was a guy not watching the race, if you look he’ watching a pretty girl on a bike wearing lycra.

Northwind

I just realised I must not go on reddit for a few days or they’ll have the FBI on me.

piemonster

It’s comical one of their suspects was a guy not watching the race, if you look he’ watching a pretty girl on a bike wearing lycra.

🙂

samuri
    Free Member

That bloke is looking at the bike. It’s got XTR on it.

bigjim

Oooh the conspiracy theorists are going to love this one with those police type dudes there right before it happened. kaesae!

bwaarp
    Free Member

Well these are the guys Fox news and CNN are plastering all over their reports.

http://i.imgur.com/RdUh9PNh.jpg

The FBI have reported they are looking for two guys, one with a white cap and black jacket.

Make of that what you will.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Live blog: Sources: Possible suspect sought
    After law enforcement sources told CNN that an arrest was made in Boston Marathon bombings, two senior administration officials and another federal official told CNN contributor Fran Townsend that no arrest happened.

Hmm So he said, but she said, but but but – Wait for an official news conference.

Fox news

Oxymoron

So it seems redditors may have gotten it right.

Right is something we will know once any suspect has had a fair trial rather than a game of point out the weirdo on the internet.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Damnit, FBI cancelled 8pm press conference.

It’s like an episode of 24 that stops at the juicy bit.

Kevevs
    Free Member

It’s probably some nasty assholes, same sort of nasty assholes that do this http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/assed-baig/boston-bombings-wests-selective-grieving_b_3091770.html

gonzy
    Free Member

EDIT – north korean muslim white supremacist…?

whoever it was i hope they catch them and stick their nuts in a vice before getting the hammer and blowtorch out…

Klunk
    Free Member
    IanW
    Free Member

Really clear picture of the guy with the no3 polo baseball hat in the reddit link from bwaarp.

Wheres Wally

Klunk
    Free Member

wtf

kimbers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22211764

not being directly linked to the bombing so far

samuri
    Free Member

If they’re trying to suggest there’s some seriously heavy ordnance in the bag on the right then I’m afraid that holds no water at all.

martinhutch
    kimbers

all this a day after the NRA managed to buy the vote shutting down the already watered down restriction on gun control

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Boston Bombing arrest’ is closed to new replies.