• This topic has 13 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by jeb.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bosch CX 4 motor problems….
  • jeb

Hello

So my friend has this commuter bike with the Bosch cx 4 motor and intuvia display.

She got a new rear wheel fitted, and a new cassette fitted, and now it won’t show
    kilometers, and shifting to lower gears it only assist for some seconds, and then shuts of.

As far as I know their is no sensor on the rear wheel…? .. so it should not matter that the rear wheel has been changed, and a new casette mounted with a different gearing.

Thanks

honourablegeorge

Don’t all Bosch motors need a magnet either on the spoke or the disc?

K

Sounds like its missing the magnet or its not aligned on the wheel to pick up on the sensor.

honourablegeorge

I’d be going back to whoever fitted the rear wheel

jeb

I fitted it …. !

but I looked closely at the old wheel… could not find a magnet!

stingmered

Definitely has a magnet… that’s how they work!

doomanic

There should definitely be a magnet. Did you swap the discs or fit a new disc?

jeb

oh man I did swap the disc….. Thanks doomanic!!!!

honourablegeorge

jeb

I fitted it …. !

but I looked closely at the old wheel… could not find a magnet!

Blame “standards” and claim you “figured out a way to make it work” – you are still the hero 🙂

oceanskipper

It could have had a Shimano Steps disc on the old wheel and the magnet is not that obvious as it’s quite close to the centre. Defo needs a magnet though.

jeb

oceanskipper, I found it sitting on a round plastic dingy on the old disc, so now i will try to transfer it, so mystery sorted!

dyna-ti

There are other types of magnets available if you are using either 6 bolt or center lock.

Centerlock magnet –

https://www.bikester.co.uk/bosch-magnet-centerlock-for-speed-sensor-slim-M921997.html?&_cid=21_1_-1_9_1859_1324072__pla&campaign_detail=smart_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoISOmZuc-QIVA-rtCh3cDQZGEAYYASABEgLgg_D_BwE

The pic is the 6 bolt one. I’m changing my wheels from the stock cheap shimano to hope pro4 and the originals are centerlock, the pro 4 are 6 bolt, so i needed a different magnet.

Thus

oceanskipper

@jeb Shimano one  looks like it clips on tbh and will probably transfer to any Shimano centre lock disc….🤷‍♂️

Or what @dyna-ti posted…

jeb

HA! …. the magnet from the old wheel sitting on a round plastic dingy, cut the magnet out and ziptied it on the new 6 hole wheel 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.