Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Borked internet
  • lambchop
    Free Member

BT home hub infinity 3, flashing broadband icon, no service since yesterday lunchtime. No issues on the BT website for our area. Never had an issue before in the last 6 years we’ve had it.

15 and 13 year old offspring are not impressed. I think it’s funny how they totally depend on it. However if I can sort it for them I will, so any ideas hive mind?

Have done all the unplugging of things etc.

richmars

Is the landline phone still working?

houndlegs
    Free Member

Mine went off the other day, not BT though, Plusnet. They talked me through getting into the router and renaming my username, sorted it in 5 mins. Give BT a ring, perhaps they can diagnose something over the phone and talk you through it.

lambchop
    Free Member

Yes it is. The openreach box looks ok. All correct lights on. My suspicion is it the home hub that’s borked.

martinhutch

Have you factory reset it with the paperclip?

You mentioned an openreach box. Are you fibre to the premises? If so, reset that too.

Murray

So it’s the old home hub with a separate Openreach modem? Plug a laptop directly into the Openreach modem to check it’s working.

The Plusnet fault finding page is good, there should be an equivalent BT one.

I assume your posting over 4G then?

Cougar

Ring the provider.

martinhutch

Ring the provider.

You’d normally do this as first port of call, but we’re talking about BT here, so it’s a last resort.

lambchop
    Free Member

O.K ethernet direct from laptop to open reach box. Ethernet 2 status on laptop says Ipv4 connectivity no network access, Ipv6 connectivity no network access, media state enabled, speed 100.0Mbps

Murray

BT fault finder is here

Work through it and use the online chat rather than calling them

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Same here.

The 2 year old wasnt impressed this morning that she couldn’t watch Bing.

Rugrats the movie on ‘normal’ TV saved the day until the adverts came on when we had a meltdown, took me a while to realise she isn’t used the adverts interrupting her programs!

In my day we had 4 channels, etc, etc……

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Oh, and we did the BT live chat thing, engineer is coming out on the 27th.

Slightly less painful than ringing them.

Drac

Ring the provider.

My thoughts too, it’s amazing how much people depend on the internet.

spooky_b329

Hands up if you’d rather have a 24hr water cut, or 24hr broadband and mobile internet outage?

codybrennan
    Free Member

lambchop – Member
    O.K ethernet direct from laptop to open reach box. Ethernet 2 status on laptop says Ipv4 connectivity no network access, Ipv6 connectivity no network access, media state enabled, speed 100.0Mbps

You’ll need to set up PPPoE, it unfortunately wont just work like that- the line protocol is up though, which is good.

I’m not sure what OS you’re running, but its reasonably straightforward on all the modern ones. You’ll need your PPP username, password….

EDIT:

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Openreach-How-I-can-connect-my-PC-directly-into-Openreach-white/td-p/716632

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Borked internet’ is closed to new replies.