Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Boring question, tool storage of the garden variety
  • jsync

Can anyone recommend a decent garden tool storage system? I assume wall hanging? I’ve got spades, rakes, strimmer, chainsaw etc to make nice and neat.

Thanks

bearnecessities

A shed.

jsync

I see what you did there.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have some plastic board about 3 feet long that is bolted to the wall. It has a load of hooks that stick out sideways but with the end of the hook pointing back towards the wall. The tools aren’t hung from the hooks but stand on the floor with their handles behind he hooks to keep them in place..

It would be a whole to easier to describe if this place made posting pictures easier

garage-dweller

I’m just have a selection of flat bottomed garage hooks each about 150mm deep. Each will take two garden forks/spades etc and the rest of the stuff mostly stands on the floor and slots in between. It’s not elegant but functionally it works superbly.

When I go in that shed I am not going in with the intention of admiring a view, I usually just need a sledgehammer/spade/shovel etc.to go and destroy/make/shift something.

oikeith

I tidied my shed last week by screwing a 12mm plank between the vertical supports of the shed and then just put some 50mm screws in to hang stuff off, it now hands two spades, a fork, folding blade and shears.

I did 3 screws for the spade handle to rest on and 1 screw for the smaller items, works fine and free’d up some floor space.

Jerm

I just use those red coated two prong hook things screwed into the wall. What also helps is that most of my tools are made by Wolfgarten so you just attach the head of the tool to the same handle. That’s only useful if you’re starting from scratch though.

qwerty
    Free Member

I’ve put horizontal 4×2″ on the walls and then fitted 1″ dowl where needed to hang stuff from, keeps the floor space clear.

nickjb
    Free Member

Mine is largely like oikeith’s. A bit of wood and some screws. You can space the screws to suit each tool. Smaller tools often have a hole in the handle so you can add a loop of string to make hanging easier. If space is limited put in longer screws and you can stack a few spades/forks/shovels onto the same couple of screws. Tricky bit was the rake, as it is too long for the wall, so that hangs from the ceiling. Chainsaw on a shelf.

johndoh
    Free Member

It won’t help you right now as I assume they are all closed, but I got some tool hooks from PoundLand recently (well last year, but the lockdown has afforded me some time to do it) – five hooks for £1 and they are great – screwed a baton across two parts of the shed frame and hooked up the five most used tools for easy access. The remaining tools are in a ‘tool tidy’ but they are a bit of a faff with tools always being stuck behind other tools and randomly falling out/off.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Selections-Garden-Tool-Storage-Wheels/dp/B07BBTDLKM/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=corner+Plastic+Garden+Tool+Organiser&qid=1586431337&s=outdoors&sr=1-3

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Boring question, tool storage of the garden variety’ is closed to new replies.