Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Boost AND Microsplining a Pro4
  • submarined
    Free Member

I have a 142mm Pro4 with an XD driver. If I wanted to convert to a boost, Microspline, hub, what parts would I need?
    Am I correct in thinking it’s the standard 148 boost conversion kit and a MS freehub body? Sure I remember seeing something somewhere about this not being doable? Or was that on a DT 350?

joebristol

I’d give Hope a call and check. I thought I’d bought the right bits to microspline my boost Pro4 and ended up the right freehub but an endcap for non boost. So it didn’t work and I had to order separately a new end cap. CRC’s listing I’m sure was wrong but has now been adjusted.

submarined
    Free Member

Ah, so you did manage to do it one way or another? That’s reassuring. Cheers dude 🙂

GeForceJunky

For the cost of a boost kit and freehub, you might be better off selling your hub and re-lacing onto a new hub. Should be fine reusing the spokes, if you don’t mind wheel building.

swanny853

If I remember rightly the boosting kit comes with an extra spacer for some free hubs. Think it’s the hope special and microspline.

If I can find it in the disaster that is my shed right now I’ll update

submarined
    Free Member

For the cost of a boost kit and freehub, you might be better off selling your hub and re-lacing onto a new hub. Should be fine reusing the spokes, if you don’t mind wheel building.

It’s a fair point, XT MS rear hub in boost is £78 delivered from Rose. 400 series is just over half that. TBF I _do_ need a new rim.

If I remember rightly the boosting kit comes with an extra spacer for some free hubs. Think it’s the hope special and microspline.

If I can find it in the disaster that is my shed right now I’ll update

Ha, I know that feeling well! Cheers dude, that’d be grand.

joebristol

Shimano hubs have improved with the newest versions a lot – but they’re still cup and cone as far as I’m aware. If you can make the Hope fit I’d keep that as it’s more fit and forget. If a bearing dies you just press it out and fit a new one. If you neglect maintenance on a shimano and mess up the bearing seat you’ve had it.

swanny853

Yup, there’s a 2mm spacer in the kit that goes behind the drive side end cap if you’re using a micro spline or Hope freehub

submarined
    Free Member

Marvelous, you’re a gent sir, thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Boost AND Microsplining a Pro4’ is closed to new replies.