• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DanW.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Bontrager lights problem
  • Spin
    Free Member

I’ve got a Bontrager Ion Pro RT front light. I’ve had it for a couple of years but it hasn’t seen regular use.

A while ago the highest setting stopped working. It will turn on but immediately turns off. I kind of forgot about it as the second brightest is pretty good and it’s been summer.

Now the second setting has done the same and winter approaches.

Does anyone know of a fix for this before I get in touch with manufacturer? I expect it’s out of warranty anyway.

jamj1974

I have two of these – no problem appeared yet, but please update the post Spin,
    when you know how it could be resolved or not.

DanW
    Free Member

I have had to return two of these lights over the past few years for similar issues. They don’t seem to like water but are quite a nice, practical light and Trek keep replacing them so I am kind of living with it.

If you look at the reviews it seems quite common to only get a year or so out of them unfortunately.

The lights are sealed so Trek will not repair. The only thing they suggested was holding the on/ off button for 14 seconds to try and reset it.

I have found Trek customer services to be very helpful and you may find they replace the light even if out of warranty (but no obligations obviously!)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.