Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bonkers 100% gloves sizing
  • Lummox

After an extremely moist (matron) ride I’ve decided I need some wet weather gloves in my life.

I generally use xl/xxl so thought I’d order a set of 100% hydrostatic gloves, and there was the problem.

Pretty sure the xxl stands for extra extra little! Ridiculous that you can’t get your hand past the cuff!

I thought endura had weird sizing but 100%, 100% take the biscuit.

just a word of caution if anyone else has spanner hands.

qwerty
    Free Member

Don’t say that, I’ve just brought some in small……..

mashr

Accidentally bought the kids ones then?

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Can’t say I’ve noticed the sizing being out. Are you sure they really are XXL? Perhaps they’ve been mis-labelled, or maybe you’re just a freak of nature.

JP

hainman
    Free Member

I have two pairs of the waterproof briskers and normal briskers and find the sizing pretty spot on large is large

Lummox

I’ll accept the freak with good grace 😜

normal glove sizing is endura/ Troy lee / gore all xxl or xl. These are xxl and I can’t get my hand into them. Definitely on their way back.

Look nice, rest of glove looks in proportion

DezB
    Free Member

I’m a XXL in gloves and have 2 pairs of 100% that fit me fine. Briskers I think

Lummox

I guess either the gloves are made badly, or I just have bigger spanner hands than I thought. Seems odd but there we go.

the quest continues, Endura mt500’s next

nixie

I’ve also found the sizing spot on. Got 4 pairs of their gloves currently. All L all fit spot on.

sr0093193
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 pairs of briskers. The new ones have a different cuff – yes they are tighter than the old ones. Large still fits my hands fine tho.

joebristol

I agree with you tbh. I’d usually wear a medium in most glove makes and the large 100% briskets are only just big enough for me. The cuff is tight and they feel quite tight between the thumb and forefinger. The medium didn’t even have long enough fingers – really small.

FOG

I find most glove sizing extremely weird. If they fit my palms the fingers are way too long but thumbs are often too short. I often struggle to get past the wrist entry but the rest of the glove fits fine … if I can get it on. I am willing to accept that it is the shape of my strange hands that is the problem but it seems glove manufacturers have even looser standards than most clothing makers

sirromj

We need a new glove sizing standard…

I’ve found 100% sizing to be quite reliable, other brands much less so.

honourablegeorge

I’m L in Troy lee but XL in Poc or 100%, not surprised op finds them tight

jamesoz

I suspect they’re just badly made, I’ve had it before where XXL gloves have a cuff that won’t allow the hand in, despite the width of the palm being ok.

Don’t need a new standard, just need to be made to the correct size.

DezB
    Free Member

Endura mt500’s next

The only pair of Endura gloves I’ve had were too narrow, but with too long fingers.
    Specialized are the most accurate sizing ime.

spanishfly
    Free Member

100% Briskers in L fit my L hands perfectly. Very strange.

TLD, Endura & Alpinestars all have been reliable sized for me in the past.

661s on the other hand not so good……

Northwind

Try Fox, their sizing seems more or less random. Like, even different variants of the Sidewinder I like are really different, I need a medium in the normal ones and a large in the polar one. And a small in the Rangers.

control67
    Free Member

Endura full montys in large fit my hands perfectly but ended up being discontinued so I went to the ALDI clones, also in large which weren’t quite as good a fit, currently using endura Humvees also in large and they fit, well, like a glove. I’m an XL in Dainese motorcycle gloves though and the fingers are a little long but that leaves me room for inner gloves when it gets cold.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bonkers 100% gloves sizing’ is closed to new replies.