Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • boll*x to toilet rolls, let’s stock pile components.
  • lardman
    Free Member

Having had a bit of a look around for components for a new build i’m doing, there seems to be a real shortage of stuff. I’ve looked at a few of the regular places like CRC/wiggle and others, but there’s not much choice in the way of components.

Some kind of Covid supply chain knock-on effect? Or are we all just secretly building lots more bikes because we’re bored?

whitestone
    Free Member

Probably a mixture of people doing long overdue maintenance and little or nothing coming through from the factories in the far east to replace stock.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Probably some more demand but shipping is struggling with ships stuck in ports as crews cant fly. Air freight is reduced as passenger planes aren’t flying so there isnt hold space.

And obviously factories are shut, or some that could probably started making medical kit and PPE.

Onzadog
    Free Member

If anyone needs a new XT 11-34 9 speed cassette, give me a shout. Built a personal stock, then moved to 11 speed on all the bikes.

wwaswas

what are pile components and who would stock them?

lardman
    Free Member

what are pile components and who would stock them?

Errant spa ces can bring ou t the ped ants

dovebiker

There are shortages based on demand (last 2 months have seen +50% sales increase in my LBS) plus lock-down in China at beginning of year. Lots of shortages now even from the likes of Madison as they wait for new shipments.

survivor

As above. Massive increase in demand plus most stuff is on 90 day lead times. Non one could of predicted this so it takes awhile to catch up.

Distributers we use are saying August for most stuff. We even can’t get hold of some of the basics like innertubes, tyres, chains etc… All gone….

hols2
    Free Member

I have a shed full of 9 speed bits and 26″ tyres.

rOcKeTdOg

Care package arrived at my LBS for me, some stuff is in stock (deore 11sp 11-51 cassette)

received_260604498510590

Northwind

I found a critical shortage the other night… Ordered something from wiggle that was 1p below the free postage limit, so went looking for the cheapest thing on the entire site- and it’s all out of stock! Someone arrange an airlift of 39p gear cables

reluctantjumper

Distributers we use are saying August for most stuff. We even can’t get hold of some of the basics like innertubes, tyres, chains etc… All gone….

This pushed me to advertise a pair of basic wire bead Ardent’s I had taken off my hardtail when I got it. Never used so in perfect nick. Thought I’d be cheeky and ask £20 for the pair, should have asked more. Within 2 minutes of putting them on FaceBook Marketplace (I know…) I had over 20 messages about them! 15 minutes later I had two people driving across town in a sort of race to buy them! The first one to arrive tried to barter me down to £15 but as he was doing it the other person arrived and he just gave me the £20 and left. I tried selling them back when I got the bike last year and got no bites at £10 for the pair, completely different now. Madness.

burko73

I’ve got a mint-ish old sub 5 in the attic that I might put on Facebook marketplace. Its now or never I reckon!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘boll*x to toilet rolls, let’s stock pile components.’ is closed to new replies.