Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Boiler cover
  • bigsurfer
    Free Member

I am not one to insure against things I don’t legally have to but we have a Vailant boiler which is just over 2 years old (just out of warranty) it has started to give an error message now and again about heat exchanger over heating. Had a look online and it seems fairly common and probably needs a new heat exhchanger which won’t be cheap.

So it seems a good time to take out some insurance for when it gives up the ghost. Do any actually do a check on the state of your system when you take out the insurance. I know you can’t claim for a period which is fine we have an imersion if it gives up the ghost in the near future.

Any recomendations greatly received.

geoffj

Any recomendations greatly received.

Don’t commit fraud 😉

bigsurfer
    Free Member

I am not commiting fraud it is working prefectly at the moment and is currently reporting no errors, but thanks for the advice.

geoffj

I never said you were committing fraud, I was merely advising you against doing it.

HolmwoodDave
    Free Member

One off repair by British Gas!
    I am looking at boiler cover aswell and BG seem the best, for about £10 a month they will cover the boiler and the annual service (with a £50 excess). No repair in the first 45 days I think!

footflaps

DIY? You can buy spares online and just install them yourself, been keeping my boiler going that way myself.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

it has started to give an error message now and again

and

it is working prefectly at the moment

can’t be both true.

But, back to the question – the boiler guy I know well told me not to bother with cover – the price of the one-off repair was prob cheaper than cover. So I agree with HolmwoodDave!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Boiler cover’ is closed to new replies.