Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Body Filler that can cope with 200degC?
  • scant
    Free Member

I’ve got an old motorbike that I want to get certain part powdercoated (cheaper than normal paint via a friend). theres a few small dings in the tank that I’d like to smooth out with bodyfiller, but I’ve been made aware that I need to find some form of bodyfiller that will cope with the 200deg heat uses in powdercoating. I only need max 2ounces, maybe even an ounce. does anyone have any recommendations for suitable body filler that I can buy in small amounts please?
    online links appreciated.

curlie467
    Free Member
    sherco
    Free Member

Try some JB weld, I tried it recently, it worked ok.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

lead body filler -old skool

rkk01
    Free Member

We had an alu cylinder head go on one car – IIRC there was a plug between the oil and coolant circuits, and it had eaten away.

Anyway, filled it with an epoxy type filler called Belzona. Worked a treat, and lasted

sherco
    Free Member

I repaired the rear hub on my old Yamaha with JB weld. The chain derailed & made a mess of it. I then had it powder coated silver.
    There was no bubbling or reaction.

Two stroke tuners use it inside the engine on MX bikes!

cr500dom
    Free Member

Devcon, is fine for inlet and exhaust port modifications so will be fine for powdercoating ;o)
    Id be looking to pull the dents out as much as possible first though, and Id Paint a tank rather than Powdercoat too….. much nicer

scant
    Free Member

thanks everyone for advice 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Body Filler that can cope with 200degC?’ is closed to new replies.