Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bob Yak Quick Release Mount Dimentions…ie The Sticky Out Bits For The Trailer
  • TimothyD
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Skiidii trailer, and the quick release doesn’t seem too well made which you slot through the back wheel, and was wondering if it might fit onto a Bob quick release.

Could somebody measure the width and length of the two little bits on thier Bob quick release which the trailer clips onto, and post the
    measurements on here for me?

Many thanks.

Tim

TimothyD
    Free Member

…bump

TimothyD
    Free Member

bump

Ambrose

Internal = 190mm. External= 200mm

TimothyD
    Free Member

Not sure if I put it clearly enough or not, i’m after the dimensions of the two little smooth tubular sections which the two clips/slots fix onto.

Is that the dimensions for those two bits?

Ta,

Tim.

TimothyD
    Free Member

Is 190mm the diameter of the two smooth bits which the trailer hooks onto?

Ta.

STATO
    Free Member

The ‘bobins’ the trailer hooks onto are 12mm diameter.

Ambrose

The dropouts on the yokes are spaced 190mm apart, made of 5mm plate, 2x5mm = 10mm. 10mm + 190mm = 200mm external dimension.

The dropouts themselves are 18mm deep, 12.9mm across.
    The mounting bosses on the QR skewer are 15.9mm overall diameter, with a mounting slot for the dropout to fit into. The slot has a diameter of 12.6 mm, i.e it is approx 1.5mm deep. The slot is approx 5.6mm wide.

All dimensions taken from a Bob Ibex Trailer that has had a medium amount of use, so some wear is present.

TimothyD
    Free Member

Aha, bobins, good name.

12 to 12.9 mm, very helpfull indeed.

Thanks,
    Tim

pb125
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Skiidii trailer, and the quick release doesn’t seem too well made which you slot through the back wheel, and was wondering if it might fit onto a Bob quick release.

I was considering getting a single wheeled one of these, but they seem very cheap for what you get. How have you found it (quality of construction etc)?

Also did you decide that it would fit a BOB mount?

Thanks

Pete

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bob Yak Quick Release Mount Dimentions…ie The Sticky Out Bits For The Trailer’ is closed to new replies.