Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • boardman team carbon road bike any good
  • tony24
    Free Member

Any people own or ridden this bike it’s 1299 and the spec is pretty good for a fully carbon frame I currently own the Boardman Cyclocross team bike bit since all I. Doing is using it on the road I can’t really see the point. will I notice a massive difference? or should I stick to me Cyclocross with road tyres?

The Cyclocrloss is ok for shorter rides but not comfy for longer 1’s.

hounslow
    Free Member

They are good, but will be pretty scarce now. New ones due to filter through the company in a few weeks.

edward2000
    Free Member

This is is much better value. I just brought one and its light as ****. Aluminium frame though so not carbon but it does ride like a carbon bike! Google it on yahoo.

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/44946/Giant-TCR-SL-1-Road-Bike—2013.html

aP
    Free Member

What is it about your cross bike that’s causing problems? Unless there’s a fundamental bike fit issue I’d have thought that changing it for a road bike is going to solve anything without understanding why it’s not comfortable.
    I’ve ridden my cross bikes (since 95) and road bikes (since 92) and the only reason for discomfort has been due to fit issues and not the innate characteristics of the bikes themselves.

SiB
    Free Member

Had mine for approx 4 years now (£1K new), thrown it about, infact it was thrown off a 1st floor balcony, potted roads most days, use it alternate days with my ss commuter 5 days a week for 4 years, basically not ‘caring’ for it but not abusing it, and I’m 15st and not the nimblest of riders, I do keep drivetrain clean though!……….hasn’t skipped a beat in the 4 years.

tony24
    Free Member

I feel the cross bike is to long and alot of pressure ends up on my hands

mangatank
    Free Member

Very good bike. Lovely ride quality. Get the carbon one. Don’t go Alu!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I bought one for my winter training bike, think its one of the best bikes out there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘boardman team carbon road bike any good’ is closed to new replies.