Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best shock used or previous years model under £200?
  • Answers on a postcard please – 200mm x 57mm

Thinking Fox RP23 or lower end Rock Shox Monarch maybe?????

Cheers.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Problem is unless it’s tuned for your frame it’ll likley be pants whatever you get. And you’ll need new bushes/reducers.

Save up £100 more and get soemthing new from TF/MOJO/LOCO

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I recommend a monarch as they are completely user servicable… you can even buy the shim stacks for the various tunes.

Rickos
    Free Member

Brand new Monarch RC3 plus from TF Tuned is £199 and I think they’ll set it for you and your bike in that price. Can’t go wrong.

EDIT – whoops! It’s a 51mm stroke, not 57 though.

Ended up getting a new RP23 for £170 – just as a stop gap. Has to be better than the Spesh AFR I accidentally (but with little regret) buggered the other day.

spacemonkey

Ended up getting a new RP23 for £170

From CRC?

Had mine a couple of weeks and not wholly impressed so far. All set up with correct sag etc but still bounces on lock and generally isn’t working as I expected.

Will persevere … might end up having it Pushed it need be.

Worth checking out guides like this.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Did you get the right tune for your frame?

From CRC?

No, from fleabay – CRC didn’t have my size.

We shall see….

spacemonkey

Did you get the right tune for your frame?

Not far off IIRC, but the plan was just to get hold of one in the first place and then send off for tuning/Pushing if necessary.

It’s totally ridable and the geo is fine – only altered a tiny bit.

Like TAFKASTR says, I’ll keep fettling and see how it goes …

rob-jackson
    Free Member

If i were you i would get an float r/rp2 and have it tuned by loco for your frame. No real need for propedal on the enduro (after tuning the compression is upped anyhow)

Needed something asap Rob. Tft only had big bucks models in stock in my size. On both Enduros I’ve owned both with proprietary shocks, pro pedal has most definitely been required.

Whilst I understand shocks can be tuned for frames/rider, surely it can’t always be necessary. Does no one but new shocks as stock?

Well, shock has arrived – tune is as follows – rebound F, compression M, boost valve 175. Anyone used a similar tune on a similar bike?

Konastoner
    Free Member

I had a stock RP2 HV on my Enduro, medium rebound and compression. I loved it and got on great with it, swapped it for a DHX5 coil and now progressed on to a RC4 as I wanted something more aggressive.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best shock used or previous years model under £200?’ is closed to new replies.