Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Boardman fs pro 160mm fork ??
  • dazzzzbo
    Free Member

hi lads.

I know these questions will have been asked over and over so I apologise in advance.

I have a few bikes a 2015 anthem I use for Xc and linger rides and general fitness. A giant revolt for long rides and a Boardman fs pro 2016.

I was going to flog the anthem and use the Boardman for everything but my son will sometimes use the anthem so got to keep it.

I fancy making the bdman a bit more decline orientaed.

I was going to get a slackest but you can’t buy them in that headset size.   I’ve been offered a 160mm debonair air spring off my mate for free as it didn’t fit his fork.   Would the bike handle this as it’s currently 140mm ?  I know the bb will lift 10mm but was also thinking of fitting  an offset bushing.

has Anyone tried this with one of these and will the HT handle it as you can’t get much info ?

Cheers.

joebristol

Will the Pike have long enough stanchions to go to 160mm?

dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Not sure mate I thought that they were all the same with different air springs ?

joebristol

Not sure all Rockshox forks have the same length stanchions per model – I think there are some unusual ones. Probably be ok but might be worth checking with one of the suspension tuning places.

joebristol

Actually I’ve just found a few forum posts that suggest the Pike has the same stanchions on all models so you might well be fine.

timbog160

Pike should go to 160.  I would suggest going 150 first but as you have the airspring for free may as well go for it and see how it feels.

dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Cheers lads I might as well give it a try.

dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Well got the air spring and it was for a yari.  I believe it is comptable but it is 160mm which makes it 170mm for a pike which means it’s too much for me .

i might buy the debonair upgrade after Xmas in 150mm if it’s worth it.

timbog160

My experience is it’s well worth it – depends how long you plan on keeping the bike but the 150 air shaft plus offset bushings would give you a great value improvement for little money…

dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Cheers lads. Going to order an air spring tomorrow. Should I just get a 160mm and not bother with bushing as bb is already -20mm? I have no problem going with the 150mm and a bushing though
    Cheers

joebristol

I think I’d be inclined to go 150 and the bushing.

dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Will do then mate cheers. I think im only going to fit 1 offset bushing as one side if the shock looks tight for clearance plus not much clearance from my back tyre to seat tube.
    Now to decide between the debonair or normal air shift 🙂

vega23
    Free Member

Hi Dazzzzbo, did you complete this? 150 or 160, would be interested in your thoughts as thinking of doing the same to the same bike…. cheers

dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Hi mate I didn’t do it. I ended up buying a longer travel bike. I kind of regret it tbh the Boardman was mint. I just wish I had got the 18” instead of the 19” for a bit more but room.
    I got caught in the longer lower slacker hype lol but the Boardman can do what my Reign does. I would just leave it or upgrade to the 150 debonair spring when you service it.

vega23
    Free Member

Thanks bud, still debating what to do, but yeah, i am leaning more towards 150 than 160.. and the debonair is probably the way to go..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Boardman fs pro 160mm fork ??’ is closed to new replies.