Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Bo Jo doing a Diane Abbot with Eddie Mair on PM
  • geoffj

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/21/hang-on-a-second-boris-johnson-flounders-on-interview-circuit

Re replacing the Prime Minister, we need to be careful what we wish for 😕

Nearly as entertaining as Ed Milliband doing death metal

Murray

Terrible performance.

bearnecessities

The mobile-abridged version of this thread title makes disturbing reading.

RustySpanner

Eddie’s gone back up in my estimation after that one.

Jamie
    Free Member

The mobile-abridged version of this thread title makes disturbing reading.

It’s a feature! 😐

tomd
    Free Member

Terrifying. That’s out foreign secretary ffs.

TheBrick
    Free Member

People will just except it as part of his lovable buffoon act and just laugh.

People, unlike BJ, are idiots.

Klunk
    Free Member

Ian Hislop on Boris and idiots

People always ask me the same question, they say, ‘Is Boris a very very clever man pretending to be an idiot?’ And I always say, ‘No.’

Junkyard
    Free Member

I wondered two things

1. IS the tory leadership idea so toxic he wants to avoid it
    2. Will the tories on here be as nasty to Boris as they were to Dianne

It was not a great performance but, in his defence, he had to defend the indefensible as the queens speech had little from their manifesto and she is a lame duck PM. Worth noting that eddie just asked the best questions to him.

matt_outandabout

Only when hung out to dry like this do some of our politicians realise how much of a corner they have lied and unwittingly blagged thier way into.

BillMC

Except I don’t accept that ALL people are idiots

shooterman

Listened live to that on the way home from work yesterday. Mayer was brilliant! Best Mayer line was the Two Ronnies quip.

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Maybe his blood sugar levels were low?

geoffj

Best Mayer line was the Two Ronnies quip.

+1

Speshpaul

I think EM let him off lightly, basically he was asking BJ about the tory “new/amended” policies and BJ didn’t have a clue. Totally unprepared.
    Abbot made an error and dug herself a hole. BJ just tried to wing it on with R4 and Eddie Mayer. What? BJ wasn’t ambushed with trick questions. Idiot.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Except I don’t accept that ALL people are idiots

Not all, but as a mass we are.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Just outclassed, EM played a tactical blinder to a bloke that uses deprecated buffoonery as a comedic charm.

BloJo, like many in the Tory Govt, have had thier day and it’s good the national public get to see the ridicule they so richly deserve.

kimbers

Was so bad, was it deliberate to avoid the giant shit sandwich that is being the PM of Brexit as it trashes the UK?

Or does he just have no idea/ cares about the old or new manifestos.
    Never been one for actual details has he?

v8ninety

I shall look forward to hearing to this later. Always enjoyable listening to a self satisfied egotistical Tory gobshite being skewered by logic and their own character failings.

miketually
    Free Member

I’m sure he’ll be subjected to loads of abuse, mainly centred on his gender, skin colour and weight.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I look forward to seeing the press rip into Boris Johnson by mostly focussing on his race, gender, weight and dishevelled appearance, or do they only do that when Dianne Abbott makes a balls of something.

EDIT: See above.

jakehinton
    Free Member

I very much enjoyed that!

chakaping
    Free Member

“It’s not a Two Ronnies sketch”

Sick burn from Mr Mair.

😆

oldnpastit

From the days when Britain was still Great:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KFMsjrD1bU[/video]

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

From the days when Britain was still Great:

It’s a great sketch but it was from 1980; nearly 3 million (and rising) unemployed, huge social unrest, economy in recession and St Winifreds School Choir made Christmas number 1. Not so great.

cranberry
    Free Member

Will the tories on here be as nasty to Boris as they were to Dianne

Racist!

oldnpastit

seadog101

Listened to it last night, Staggering levels of winging it. Just shows the arrogance of the man, thinking he can waffle his way through an interview. Some people love him for exactly that though, which makes me mad and sad in equal measure.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

the arrogance of the man, thinking he can waffle his way through an interview.

..and then tries the “you’re trying to push me around line”

scuttler

Who’d have believed the bloke’s a flippin idiot. He and that tosser over the Atlantic are ultimate proof of ‘style’ (loose term) over substance – democratically elected on a piles of cash and the ‘authority’ it brings, daft hair cuts and poorly constructed but frequently regurgitated sound bites. Horrid people.

Murray

Or did he use the Alan Clarke technique of getting pissed if required to defend the indefensible?
    (Alan Clarke was a git)

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Bo Jo doing a Diane Abbot with Eddie Mair on PM’ is closed to new replies.