Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • BMW Mini – bikes in back?
  • failedengineer

Does anyone regularly transport their bike(s) in the back of a BMW Mini?

uplink
    Free Member

This would be a female specific bike I take it? 😉

snowslave

My SO has a mini. In theory you’d have room for 2 bikes and riders – the back seats fold flat. Never tried it myself but I think it’d be a both wheels off job?

trio25
    Free Member

I think I could get one bike in my mini, but it would be wheels off. Mine go on the roof. There isn’t a lot of the room in the back!

-m-
    Free Member

I can’t comment on the current generation BMW MINI, but in the first generation BMW version (2001-06) it’s possible to get a bike in the back. Seats down and both wheels off. Even then there isn’t a lot of room; it may be that some bikes wouldn’t fit. Some of the plastics in the back are very easy to mark.

ski
    Free Member

BMW Mini, rear seats down, two bikes with all wheels off.

failedengineer

Uplink – my partner is getting one and I needed to know ‘just in case’. Good point, though.

stufield
    Free Member

i bought a clubman so that it’d take a bike more easily. I tested it with a bike bag first before buying. I just drop seats and it slides in nicely, could get a couple of bags in without worry.

the_lecht_rocks

my wife has a new cooper S.
    no space whatsoever, over-priced tat imo.

Rivett
    Free Member

Yeah. Two Bikes, two people. Wheels off and seatpost out. It is a squeeze and I think my old AX had more room in the back. As for the Cooper S. Expensive but good fun.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘BMW Mini – bikes in back?’ is closed to new replies.