Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • BMW 320 boot protectors?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hiya Chaps,

Does anyone used a fitted boot protector for their 320 touring? Interested to know what’s decent but not mega expensive.

I’ve had a quick look and can find the Boot-Buddy ones, and a couple of others. I’d prefer one that works when the seats are up, but can also work for the seats down – so I get Dog and Bike protection.

This is the kind of thing:

rene59
    Free Member

Have you looked at these?

https://www.hatchbag.co.uk/bmw-3-series-touring-2012on

I had one for my old car, a bit pricey when you add on extras, but it was good and I had no issues with it.

rickon
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d seen the Hatchbag ones – look exactly what I want… except the price! It’s not much compared to the car cost, but all the extras are adding up, and wanting to keep it a bit cheaper.

Kryton57

Tsk. Ikea throws from the marketplace, £4 each feel like felt and polishes your bike en route. I line my 120d with them, they are brilliant value.

MrNice
    Free Member

The hatchbag ones aren’t cheap but they’re great. I threw muddy bikes and all sorts of other crap into the back of my 1-series and it was pristine when I came to sell it. I’d buy another one for a new(-ish) car.

alanf
    Free Member

UK Custom covers on ebay.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

plenty on ebay custom boot protector dude cheap as chips, i have on a saloon and size is perfect, plastic material used is a bit slidey though but can live with it

rickon
    Free Member

Does anyone have anything, or seen anything, thats pretty much the same as the Hatchbags? They do look spot on, and in the grand scheme of things – they’re not *that* expensive, compared to the possible impact on resale value!

wwaswas

I bought an official BMW one for my 5 series tourer.

It’s been great – cut outs in the right place, it has an extension for when you fold the seats down and it has clips that hold the flap at the back up in the existing cover slots.

It comes right up the side too which with a beige carpet and a dog is important.

got it here;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Genuine-Protective-Boot-Cover-Liner-E61-5-Series-51470391105-/190719794611

they probably do 3 series too.

northerntom
    Free Member

you could just buy a big tarp and fasten it on. Wouldn’t look as good but functional. Also benefit of being able to drag out and cover the rear bumper.

Can get for a few £ of ebay

rickon
    Free Member

Wwaswas – I’ve seen a BMW made one for the 3 series, it had suckers to go on the windows…. does yours have the same?

wwaswas

rickon – yes, there arew suckers but you only really need to use them when you want ‘full protection of the boot area (including the ‘shelf’ that the cover sits on) – most of the tim I just tuck the top part of the liner over the hatches on the sides of the boot and that holds it all in place.

benp1

I asked a similar(ish) question recently – some good links there http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/car-boot-protection-linersmats

jambalaya
    Free Member

Had a hatchbag on A6, decently well made and ideal for leaving in place. Negatives price and fact that when carry bikes the rear seats where folded so liner was compromised, eg rear doors not protected. Ours was mainly for dog.

I like these rubber liners and then a large plastic tarpaulin thing (the blue/green ones from Garden Centre). Also IME the best solution is putting the bike in a DuffBag (note many STWers have had negative experience will no delivery – I have two and love them)

Bootlners http://www.bootsliners.co.uk/BMW-BOOT-LINERS/BMW-3-SERIES-BOOT-LINER/

jambalaya
    Free Member

Looking at @benp’s thread I like these, quilted ones for the precious bike (/dog) 🙂

http://www.overthetop.co.uk/load-area-covers/

Del

got one for 50 quid off amazon. ‘custom covers’ IIRC. i’m sure the others are great, but at over twice the price?

rickon
    Free Member

Bought a hatchbag, if I’m spending decent money on a decent car, £160 isn’t much to protect the money I’m sinking into it.

Cheers for the advice guys – really well appreciated, helped me make my mind up.

Milkie
    Free Member

I was sold on the Hatchbags, needed to the extended version, worked out at £195! I decided to buy a Tarp after everyone on hear saying “just buy a tarp”.. Yea it’s great.. 🙄 If you like getting dirt everywhere, underneath it and rubbing it into the carpets and seats 😡

rickon
    Free Member

I found a discount code online, which brought it in about £160 for everything. Which is expensive, but if it lasts 4 years and adds just that to the car value at the end, then I’m happy.

juanghia
    Free Member

LOL plus a thousand LOL’s

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘BMW 320 boot protectors?’ is closed to new replies.