Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bluestone Park, Anyone been?
  • wiggles
    Free Member

Just booked a midweek stay next month, Seems good for £150 for 4 nights…

Been to centre parcs ages ago but this is half the price. Booked a bike and trailer for the missus and the littlest one, me and oldest will take our bikes.

Any tips on best things to do/places to eat?

Last minute thing and not exactly flush with cash at the moment so going to be mainly sticking to taking our own food etc.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Couple of nice cafes in narberth.. (Ultracomida for coffee or plum vanillas for lunch). If you want steak go to the kookaba in saundersfoot.
    You could maybe ride the knights way which is close to bluestone.
    http://www.pembrokeshiregreenways.co.uk/content.asp?id=64&language=

Or mess around in canaston woods. Brechfa is about an 1hr away.
    The preselis will be a bogmire.
    Plenty of castles and beaches to visit (Carew, Pembroke, manorbier).
    Stackpole / broadhaven / barafundle beach area is very beautiful and some nice walks.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Is the accomadation based on the base in Bluestone 42? Are there lots of sweary scottish blokes?

rwamartin
    Free Member

Ok, Pembrokeshire is a bit quiet this time of year. Meals out can be difficult to find. Also a bit quiet if the weather is bad.

Dead easy cycling along the Brunel trail from Neyland which would suit a trailer. Good cafe at the marina for coffee and cake.

Better cycling in the Preselis. Go to Rosebush and cycle around Pantmaenog forest. You’d probably get away with a trailer there but I can best describe it as graded fireroad. Hilly in places but worth a try. The “golden road” across the top will be a very muddy as cloudnine says. Walking around the old quarry is pretty good if cycling is too much.

Food in either Tafarn Sinc or The Old Post Office in Rosebush (in my opinion the better of the two but not always open – ring first).

Newgale or Broad Haven beach. Maybe Freshwater East as you’re down south (where they filmed harry potter).

St. Davids for the Cathederal – a bit of a trek but worth a look.

Food at “The Cross Inn” Clarbeston Road is good but not open every night.

Carew castle is just down the road. Nice walk around there.

Pembroke Castle. Good for the kids.

I live just south of the Preselis so give me a shout if I can give you more details on anything or help in any way when you’re down here.
    Email is in my profile.

Rich.

wiggles
    Free Member

Thanks for for the tips. Camped In St Davids before (boat trip around Ramsey(?) Island was good) and been to temby a few times so not a total stranger to the area but been never been with the kids

core

It’s not far to Tenby, should still be pubs open for grub, there are a couple of eateries on site, Wetherspoon type/quality tbh, but ok, themed like a medieval banquet hall (sort of, bit odd), think there is a nicer restaurant too.

Accommodation is modern, well insulated, basic but nice, everything you need. Site it reasonably steep.

I went for a single night (family down there), ride canaston woods in the morning, some reasonable trails in there, you can go out the back of the site, into woods, hang a right over bridge, carry on til main road, cross over & a fair bit more that side, all quite flat but some very stoney sections & fast singletrack.

Alright for an hour or 2, more if you explore bridleways.

Bluestone is ok, nice enough, great for kids, but I just found it a bit bland

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bluestone Park, Anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.