Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • N power
  • danandem
    Free Member

Thinking of switching to n power from Scottish power to get a fixed rate and save a couple of hundred pound. Any experience good or bad of switching to & being supplied gas & elec through them?

matt_outandabout

Go to Moneysavingexpert and look at their cheap energy club – it has feedback on.
    Not great, but not poor.
    We are with them for a few months and not an issue swapping.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The only good thing about n power for us is that we have boiler cover through them and if within the year you don’t call them out you get half the premium back. Done it for last two years.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I’m currently in the process of swapping from npower to EDF, partly because their prices were cheaper, partly because npower have made so many mistakes since I joined them, partly because npower switched my tarrif without telling me or updating my account on their website, partly for the dancing orange turd

bearnecessities

I love that orange turd.

(Npower fine for me, switched 2 years or so back, excellent telephone service too).

mdavids
    Free Member

They messed up my bill and forgot to take my direct debit for 5 months at the start of the year. Bit of balls up but they were very apologetic about it and knocked £75 off after a bit of haggling.
    I’ve used them for several years now switching from one tariff to another when the cheap rate ran out and I’ve always had good service off them.

Harry_the_Spider

I do wish that Npower would stop pissing money away on sport sponsorship if they are putting my bill up by10%.

project
    Free Member

all that you do by swopping is get a new call centre and phone number to ring, with minimal savings on the cost of energy,but at least it keeps a few people in jobs.

danandem
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments I’ve never switched before, always just used to phone Scottish power at the of one deal to get the next new one. Looking on some of the review sites n power had some poor feedback but then looked at Scottish power’s feedback and was similar. I’ll give them a try on monday

King-ocelot
    Free Member

We had a series of demanding letters and our details sold onto a debt recovery firm for a £750 N-power bill we did not owe. It seemed after we moved out of a rented property the new tenenter were able reactivate the account in our name over the phone. It’s taken 6 months of letters and phone calls to get it sorted. While they admitted it was their error we were still getting letters off bailiffs. A few days ago we got a letter of apology and a £75 cheque and n power hope ‘this wont stop us from choosing them in the future’. They were utter shit to get in contact with but miles better than utility warehouse.

Thankfully we own a house now and can chose what company to use rather than being told by the landlord/letting agent.

daveh
    Free Member
    somouk
    Free Member

I’ve just moved from N Power, had a 14% rise in rates notified on Friday so went online, did a comparison and EDF were cheaper and fixed until 2015.

N Power didn’t give a monkies when I rang them so I’m guessing a lot of people are making the same call.

daveh
    Free Member

You rang your old supplier? I’ve never bothered, the new supplier will do that for you.

Aidy
    Free Member

I’ve just switched /to/ npower. Largely due to the £100 cashback through topcashback.

No minimum contract length, so I’ll likely be switching away in a couple of weeks time 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Best not, it costs 30 quid for each leccy and gas account if you switch before 6 months.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Their accounts are rubbish, customer service is rubbish too, but they are “reliable”

fasgadh
    Free Member

I left npower because of their inability to send bills and when they did you often got two or three with different amounts on them. This meant delving into the laberynth of their “customer support” phone lines.

Gave up the will to live and left.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I left Scottish power for npower recently, I’ll be going back the other way as soon as my 6 months is up. They said my bill would be 10% cheaper, which it was for the first month! then they immediately horsed it up by 40%, and that was before the rises recently.

And as fadgadget said above, they keep sending me conflicting bills. Twunts.

Aidy
    Free Member

Best not, it costs 30 quid for each leccy and gas account if you switch before 6 months.

Hmm, I checked the T&Cs pretty carefully – didn’t spot any early termination clauses for the standard plan. I’ll double check though – thanks 🙂

wonnyj
    Free Member

I found npower an absolute nightmare to deal with. Over complex billing structures and long waiting times on the phone.

I’m now with Ovo Energy who are excellent in every way. They even pay interest if your direct debit payments are in credit.

Aidy
    Free Member

Double checked, and it does explicitly say “There is no early exit fee if you change your tariff or supplier.”

dooosuk
    Free Member

Wouldn’t use them again.

We moved out of a property on March 1st, submitted meter readings and paid the final bill.

They’ve been invoicing us estimated bills, chasing us for payment and threatening bailiffs ever since even though I keep telling them the account is settled and closed.

Only when I threatened the Ombudsmen last week did they miraculously agree with me.

dabble
    Free Member

N power got slated on “you and yours” this lunchtime, avoid seems to be the advice being given.

z1ppy

Admited a few year back and pre the RWE takeover, but my partner has the same issue as this..

We had a series of demanding letters and our details sold onto a debt recovery firm for a £750 N-power bill we did not owe.

We both WORKED for npower @ the time, and even though Npower accepted that there was no bill, the debt collection agency kept hassling my g/f (saying they had not been told to stop). It went on for ages, because we worked for them, we were actually able to get in touch internally with managers and had an apology & flowers off the top man @ the time. A few weeks later.. it started again… eventually after a load of stress, Npower finally admitted they owed the g/f money not the other way round… Muppets total muppets

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘N power’ is closed to new replies.