Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Blue eyes and alcohol.
  • twinw4ll
    Free Member

Went for a night out with my student daughter in Sheffield a few months ago, i know she’s not a great drinker of alcohol and is always the sensible soberish one when out with her mates.
    On our night out we agree neither of us is going to be drinking pop, it’s 11.45am and the day is young, we hit the first pub, I order a pint of best ale 4.5% abv my daughter plumps for a particularly cheeky cider which i clock is 7.4% abv, i have an inner chuckle, this is not going to end well.

To cut a long days drinking story short, we hit them pubs and we hit em hard, at 12 midnight after a few Jacks on ice we decided to call it a day.
    Now to the crux of the story, my daughter is 5ft tall and weighs under 7 stone, at some point during the day i was expecting Lara magedon, it never materialised.
    I’ve spent the last 35 years drinking in pubs and never witnessed such tolerance to alcohol. 😯
    Hence the thread title, apparently blue eyed people are more tolerant to drugs and alcohol.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Student = colossal tolerance to alcoholic booze

stewartc
    Free Member

I have blue eyes and am completely lightweight on either, however if you want to finance further studies I’m happy to help your medical research.

seosamh77
    Free Member

You should come out for a night with me, that’ll kill that perception stone dead! :mrgreen:

Cougar

There’s probably a word for that phenomenon where your conclusion is incorrect because of a fault in your original assumed premise. To wit,

i know she’s not a great drinker of alcohol

Pigface
    Free Member

I am blue eyed have been teetotal for 25 years and when I did drink I was hopeless, 2 pints of cider and I was way gone.

binners

One of the most ridiculous feats of drinking I witnessed was on an epic pub crawl back home (the Greyhound Run, if anyone knows it). A load of hairy-arsed beer-monster bikers were well and truly drunk-under-the-table by my mate Olivia. She’s got german parents, as you’d be able to guess from one look at her. She’s a tiny thing, blonde hair, blue eyes. Can drink like the proverbial horse!!!! 😯

ell_tell
    Free Member

31 years young here and happy (or ashamed) to report that I have blue eyes, and after two bottles of ale at home the other night I had a hangover the following day.

I considering a spa break for my stag do this year.

jambourgie
    Free Member

There’s probably a word for that phenomenon where your conclusion is incorrect because of a fault in your original assumed premise. To wit,

i know she’s not a great drinker of alcohol

😀

Indeed. On the contrary; she’s an awesome drinker of alcohol

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I have blue eyes, and can get smashed on a couple of chocolate liquors, so I’m doubting the link.

I’ll leave the binge drinking with your daughter angle to someone else, I’m sure they’ll have fun with it.

verses

In my youth/student days I could have drunk for my country.

Today I’d struggle to make it to the next round…

IGMC…

toby1

She’s clearly dedicated fa more time to practice than studying than you realised!

Or she has been taught the way of my diminutive best mate and has a tactical chunder part way through the night, thus drinking just as much as you but digesting at most half of it!

scaredypants

as a massive generalisation, brown-eyed folk are probably less good drinkers, since a number of “oriental” races have less of the relevant enzyme to avoid flushing and unpleasantness when boozing and sometimes the one to break down the alcohol initially as well (2 slightly different enzymes)

so I guess that, genotypically, blue eye peeps might just be better drinkers but caucasians generally are fairly good at it regardless of eye colour

binners

Aaaaaaaah …. happy, misty-eyed memories of weekend long student drinking binges, and the strategic vom half way through a session. A real professional can do it between pubs, without so much as breaking stride

warns74
    Free Member

i NOW know she’s not a great drinker of alcohol and is always the sensible soberish one when out with her mates completely pulled the wool over my eyes about her drinking ability

FTFY!

D0NK

Or she has been taught the way of my diminutive best mate and has a tactical chunder part way through the night

my mrs has been known to do that. On the very rare occasion when she’s drank too much her body will quite sensibly reject it, (and then keep drinking) otoh my body tries a little too hard to keep hold of the precious booze I’ve paid dearly for and waits until I’m on the verge of full blown alcoholic poisoning before finally barfing around lunchtime next day.
    So she rarely gets hangovers and I get monstrously epic hangovers.

not that I partake much nowadays.

but back on topic my dad and eldest sister have brown eyes, pint of shandy will have them slurring, me, my mum and youngest sister have blue eyes and can hold our drink.

correlation does not imply causation

binners

Erm…. you’re also aware there are… ‘substances’ available, that can massively increase your ability to go on drinking for, well… days?

So I’ve heard, anyway 😉

Mister-P
    Free Member

I was thinking the very same Binners. I have friends who are not great drinkers until the boutros turns up. Then all of a sudden they are drinking their booze, my booze, all the damn booze.

chewkw
    Free Member

twinw4ll – Member
    I’ve spent the last 35 years drinking in pubs and never witnessed such tolerance to alcohol.
    Hence the thread title, apparently blue eyed people are more tolerant to drugs and alcohol.

You light weight! 😆

Barstewart 8 pints please!

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Her boyfriend, all 6ft 2 of him met us at 2 o clock, left 4 hours later, we were laughing because we were pretty sure he wouldn’t be able to find his way back to his digs.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is she fit?

chewkw
    Free Member

twinw4ll – Member

Her boyfriend, all 6ft 2 of him met us at 2 o clock, left 4 hours later, we were laughing because we were pretty sure he wouldn’t be able to find his way back to his digs.

😆 He must be a good boy so need training in alcohol tolerance.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Student = colossal tolerance to alcoholic booze

+1, I wasn’t a heavy drinker before university, so had no frame of referance as to what was ‘normal’. After the first year I learned that 10+pints was not considdered ‘normal’ outside of student circles.

So this is probably true, it’s just that her mates would drink you under the table, then move onto the 2nd pub.

always the sensible soberish one when out with her mates.

badnewz
    Free Member

Not heard that before. I imagine it goes up even higher if you have ginger hair and an O’ before you surname.

traildog
    Free Member

While your study of one is perhaps jumping to a conclusion, there is a statistic that shows that blue eyed people have a greater tolerance to alcohol and are thus more likely to become alcoholics. Not to worry you or anything.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

cynic-al, thats her doing the acrobatics.

Cougar

In before the… oh, wait.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Blue eyes and I can easily drink 2 pints of finest cider and walk home unaided
    2 1/2 pints and I have a curry on the way home
    3 pints I vomit on a policeman and get arrested

I think we shall call that conclusive

Keva
    Free Member

I’ve got blue eyes, I’m 5’4″ and weigh 9st. sometimes I can drink shedloads for my size other times i’m ratted on 3 pints. I find it depends on how much I’ve been eating, sleeping and training plays a part too. ie. if I don’t take exercise for several days, eat and sleep loads I can usually drink a few more pints comfortably. If I’m knackered and go to the pub on an empty stomach I’ll be gagging to leave after two beers.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I have blue eyes and as a student I drank an appropriate amount for a philosophy undergraduate.

e.g. continuously and enthusiastically but not a patch of the postgrads.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Blue eyes and alcohol.’ is closed to new replies.