Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Blanking cap for Shimano XT M8000 Shifter instead of stupid window?
  • tom.nash

Anyone found a retailer for the base cap that we now have to buy (!) if we don’t want the stupid window on the new Shimano XT M8000 shifters? Part No Y03K98080.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Sorry no help but I machined some up because I couldn’t get em, I’m considering making them available if someone doesn’t start supplying em soon

tom.nash

mickmcd – Member
    Sorry no help but I machined some up because I couldn’t get em, I’m considering making them available if someone doesn’t start supplying em soon

Good effort – stick them on ebay now and I reckon you’ll sell loads, can’t believe that Shimano don’t supply it. Tight.

sillyoldman

Suspect Shimano have bigger fish to fry than that.

Fire in Mick – you’ll do well with them.

Poopscoop

Good effort – stick them on ebay now and I reckon you’ll sell loads, can’t believe that Shimano don’t supply it. Tight.

Agree, don’t wait for Shimano to catchup, get them on eBay asap and good luck to you!

teamslug
    Free Member

+1. Will look better than insulating tape stuck over the holes.

foxman
    Free Member

Madison have them listed, mine is back ordered since july , not due in till end of january .
    Please make some mickmcd

zilog6128

do a search on here, I’m sure there was a chap who bought a bunch off a German site and was going to knock them out for a fiver.

tom.nash

foxman – Member
    Madison have them listed, mine is back ordered since july , not due in till end of january .

FFS

mickmcd
    Free Member

Did anyone ever actually get the Shimano ones

I have just mad more pairs of these for some local chaps and have a few sets left , couldn’t remember if folks had fixed the problem or not

Theyr’e off at anodizing at the moment so ill post pictures if i can remember where to login to flikr at the end of the week

sam_underhill

My gorilla tape versions will need replacing at some point. I’m interested in the CNC’d ones. Although it isn’t that long to wait until January for the shimano ones.

mickmcd
    Free Member

My gorilla tape versions will need replacing at some point. I’m interested in the CNC’d ones. Although it isn’t that long to wait until January for the shimano ones.

im surprised no one has just knocked some temporay ones up on a 3d printer like the garmin mount guy

robcolliver
    Free Member

The window things weigh too much – I tried to get them in the UK when I changed to 10sp and had no luck….. purchased a new bike in US and the bike comes with loads of extras/spares/options and one spare was a set of blankers for the ‘beginners window’.
    Perfect. Thanks Competitive Cyclist.

ricky1
    Free Member

First customer here mick !!!!
    Seriously,could you make me one?

gkeeffe

Me too…..

gringo

I’d be interested too Mick

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Ive got a spare if you want because I can never get the bloody screws undone! Switched to a Zee which doesn’t have it.

br
    Free Member

eip – I’ll have a RH one please, or two if you’ve spare – paypal?

thepodge
    Free Member

Just yesterday a mate asked me to 3D print some of these but I’ve not yet been able to get the dimensions to model them up.

ricky1
    Free Member

I think mick has gone,hopefully machining his way through a list of window haters,does anyone seriously use the Windows?

tom.nash

Anyone had any luck from Mick?

tom.nash

Anyone found some stock?

miranmtb
    Free Member
    sillyoldman

Arrive with Madison 25th of this month.

endurokid
    Free Member

I’m after one of these too!

endurokid
    Free Member

Any updates on this?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

We received seven of them on friday after being on back order for months, so should be the same pretty much everywhere now for anyone who’s ordered them

edd

Anyone found one in stock online?

sillyoldman

Got a bike shop near you? Any shop can order it post free. If they order it Monday, it’ll more than likely be there Tuesday.

Just ask them to order Madison part no Y03K98080. They’re in stock.

wicki
    Free Member

I dont know if its the same as the older ones i had. but i used guitar plectrums and a bit of silcon sealer

kcr
    Free Member

How about Sugru? I’ve used it to mould replacement nose covers for Tiagra STI levers. Easy to use and very hard wearing.

stuc
    Free Member

Picked two up at the weekend from Bachebrothers in Lye, Stourbridge so shouldn’t be available.

the00
    Free Member

Imagine my joy when my new M8000 XT shifter turned up (from Wiggle) with a banking cover IN THE BOX. Is this now standard? Worth knowing.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

They always used to come with them pre M8000. Maybe you had an OEM version?

Infact wasn’t it hidden upside down under the window or something?

whitestone
    Free Member

Mods, could we file this thread under “Get a life” please? 🙄

nickc

eh? why?

it’s a mountain bike site, we can talk about mountain-bikey things, right?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I think he’s reporting his own post, the topic obviously piqued his interest enough to open it and comment :p

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Blanking cap for Shimano XT M8000 Shifter instead of stupid window?’ is closed to new replies.